|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Youths (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 23, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Internet Society is a global community is made up of thousands of energetic, enthusiastic, and committed individuals, organizations, and volunteers.
Do you want to:
- make a big impact on Internet governance in your community?
- receive training and connect with a network of key influencers in the Internet governance sphere?
- gain access to a platform where you can raise your voice on Internet issues that matter to you?
Each year, the Internet Society selects thirty young, passionate people to participate in our IGF Youth Ambassador Program, equipping the next generation of Internet leaders to collaborate and innovate for a better world.
|SEE ALSO: 2021 Hewlett Packard (HP) DigitISE Graduate Program|
Online Internet governance course
The applicants selected in phase 1 (up to 150 individuals) will take an online course on Internet Governance. All participants will be grouped into classes, each with a dedicated expert moderator to facilitate the learning process. Up to 50 participants will be selected to proceed to the next phase.
Finalists from the online course phase will be required to write a paper on an existing or emerging area in Internet Governance, leveraging the learnings from the course and Internet Society 2021 Projects. Papers will be evaluated by a selection committee and the best submissions will be selected as IGF Youth Ambassadors.
Please note that the selection committee, composed of Internet Society staff, Online Tutors and Chapter/SIG Leaders, attempts to achieve professional, geographical, and gender diversity in the overall selections.
|SEE ALSO: 2021 Lafarge Africa Graduate Trainee Program|
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
All applicants must be:
- If you are an Internet Society member and aged 18-30, you can apply. The selection process is conducted in three phases.
- Able to present a strong interest in Internet governance
- Able to demonstrate interest and expertise on issues on the IGF agenda
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating your stance
- Capable of representing the Internet Society, its views and policies
- Can continue to work with the Internet Society locally after the IGF
- Fluent in English
- Able to commit 6+ hours per week during the eLearning phase
- Available to take part in meetings and webinars
- Not have been selected as an Internet Society IGF Ambassador, Youth@IGF Fellow, or IGF Youth Ambassador before
|SEE ALSO: Federal Government of Nigeria/UNDP Jubilee Fellowship Program 2021|
In becoming an IGF Youth Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to take part in the Internet Governance Forum (IGF), an annual meeting that brings various stakeholders together from around the world to share good policies and practices relating to the Internet. During the program, you will:
- Receive training and mentoring on key Internet governance issues
- Represent your community, increase your visibility and bring your voice to the table
- Engage with key Internet stakeholders from around the world
- Work as a team and become part of the broader Internet governance community
- Develop the skills and connections needed to make more of an impact in your local community (and beyond!)
|SEE ALSO: Call For Submission: 2021 African Union Innovating Education in Africa Expo|
What’s required of me if chosen?
1. Webinar series
The individuals who are selected as IGF Youth Ambassadors participate in a webinar series led by a global Internet governance expert to deepen their knowledge, present their projects/ideas, and be prepared for the IGF. There will also be webinars on Internet Society 2021 Projects, and specific sessions led by our partners and sponsors. Additionally, in collaboration with the Youth Coalition on Internet Governance, the IGF Youth Ambassadors will be mentored by Internet Governance Experts.
2. Attend the IGF
IGF Youth Ambassadors will attend the Internet Governance Forum in 2021 remotely due to COVID-19.
3. Collaborative Leadership Exchange
IGF Youth Ambassadors will attend a virtual dynamic leadership session with Internet Society community members, youth representatives from other programs, Internet Society staff, and other IGF attendees. This session takes the form of an “unconference”, with the agenda being crowdsourced by attendees, and breakout groups facilitated to create pockets of common interest and interaction. The goal is to build/deepen relationships and foster community around youth engagement.
|SEE ALSO: Wilson Center International Fellowship Program 2021 in the United States|
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should use the link below to apply
|⭐ Apply Next: Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship for Young Nigerians 2023 (Fully-funded)|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.