|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Entrepreneurs (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 30, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
Lafiya Innovators is a six-month incubation and acceleration program taking place in three locations throughout West Africa and Latin America.
Each regional cohort will combine community collaboration with specialized health and business expertise, providing entrepreneurs with a locally-rooted, globally-connected experience.
Participating startups will be enrolled in a regional cohort hosted in Accra (Ghana), Dakar (Senegal), or Medellín (Colombia). Early-stage startups will grow their professional network, establish a basic business model, and develop a minimum viable product. Mid-stage startups will further iterate and expand on their existing business model and complete the due diligence process for fundraising.
Mid-stage startups will further iterate and expand on their existing business model and complete the due diligence process for fundraising.
Each program location (Accra, Dakar, and Medellín) will kick off on the 12th of July!
Ready to get started? Applications for the 2021 cohort open the 1st of June and close the 30th of June!
|SEE ALSO: Federal Government of Nigeria/UNDP Jubilee Fellowship Program 2021|
Aiming to deliver impact at scale, the program focuses in particular on technological innovations and systemic solutions targeting underserved populations, including children, adolescents, and women. Specific criteria is listed below:
- Open to for-profit and non-profit startups.
- Startups may be focused in any area of health and wellbeing, including but not limited to clinical care, public health, community-based health, nutrition, and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Startups may also focus on core operational areas, such as health-focused logistics, fintech, or edtech solutions.
- Solutions directly impacting a determinant of health must be able to clearly explain the health impacts of their business, and why creating connections in the health space would be strategic for their growth.
- Solutions may be focused on both the public or private sectors and may have a business-to-business (B2B) or business-to-consumer (B2C) approach.
|SEE ALSO: Call For Submission: 2021 African Union Innovating Education in Africa Expo|
Did you know? Our health is impacted by more than the medical care we receive.
All of us are influenced by everyday factors in our lives – where we live and go to school, how we buy our food, and whether we have enough money in our pocket. These factors are called the Determinants of Health and they help determine how long and how healthily we live.
Lafiya Innovators is a startup incubation program to support and accelerate early- to mid-stage startups in emerging economies – focused on public health, healthcare, or directly impacting the determinants of health.
Are you launching or leading a startup that will help make your local community healthier? Lafiya Innovators could be the right fit for you.
|SEE ALSO: Newton International Fellowships for Early Career Scientists to Study in the UK|
How to Apply
Applications are open! Join the second cohort of Lafyia Innovators. Use the link provided below
- Application window: 1 June, 2021 – 30, June, 2021
- Interviews: 1 July, 2021 – 7 July, 2021
- Program dates: 12 July, 2021- December 2021
|⭐ Apply Next: The Knight-Bagehot Fellowship in Economics and Business Journalism 2022/2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.