|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|🆕 New: Find more Fellowships at Latestopportunities.com|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 16, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
The Nasser International LeadershipFellowship for is deemed to be complementary to Egypt’s ongoing efforts -following its chairmanship of the African Union for the year 2019- to play its mandated role of strengthening the African youth role by providing all forms of support, habilitation and training, in addition to empowering them to occupy leadership positions, in order to capitalize on their capacities and insights.
JOIN US FOR MORE ON: |
or Follow us on WhatsApp Channel
This was in fact endorsed President El-Sisi at the World Youth Forum in its second and third editions, held during 2018 and 2019, where he called for the implementation of the African Union initiative 2021 aimed at preparing one million young people for leadership.
The Nasser Leadership Fellowship is also one of the implementation mechanisms of the following: Egypt Vision 2030 / 10 principles of the Afro-Asian People’s Solidarity Organization / Africa Agenda 2063 / Sustainable Development Goals 2030/ South – South Cooperation / African Union Roadmap on Harnessing the Demographic Dividend through Investments in Youth and African Youth Charter.
By way of example, the Fellowship offers an equal opportunity to both genders as indicated in the 5th Goal of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. The Fellowship also seeks to empower young people and give to actors from different countries of the world the chance to connect and forge partnerships in various fields, not only at the continental level but also at the international level, as referred to in the 17th Goal
|SEE ALSO: TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2021|
The Nasser Leadership Fellowship is also one of the implementation mechanisms of the following: Egypt Vision 2030 / 10 principles of the Afro-Asian People’s Solidarity Organization / Africa Agenda 2063 / Sustainable Development Goals 2030/ South-South Cooperation / African Union Roadmap on Harnessing the Demographic Dividend through Investments in Youth and African Youth Charter. By way of example, the Fellowship offers an equal opportunity to both genders as indicated in the 5th Goal of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. The Fellowship also seeks to empower young people and give to actors from different countries of the world the chance to connect and forge partnerships in various fields, not only at the continental level but also at the international level, as referred to in the 17th Goal
The 2nd Nasser International Fellowship is expanded to include youth leaders from Asia and Latin America, in addition to the African continent. The 2nd cohort is scheduled to be hosted under the auspices of President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt
Emerged from the Nasser Leadership Fellowship “Nasser Youth Movement” in several African countries that adopt the principles endorsed by the founding fathers of the Organization of African Unity, calling for unity and solidarity between Africans and brotherly peoples who supported Africa, namely: Asian and Latin American peoples
|SEE ALSO: BeyGood Global Citizen Funded Fellowship Program 2021|
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- The applicant must be a citizen in the countries of Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Passport valid for 6 months after the end of the Fellowship
- English or Arabic (Speaking, Reading and Writing) proficiency or both Languages.
- The applicant must have proven experience in field work
- The applicant must be between the age of 20 and 40
It shall be noted that the fellowship covers only the accommodation, local transportation, field visits and meals only while the applicant or his/her organization shall bear the international travel expenses
|SEE ALSO: Apply: Teach For Nigeria Fellowship Programme 2021|
|Place of implementation||Arab Republic of Egypt / Cairo|
|Duration of the Fellowship||Two weeks (from 30 May to 16 June 2021)|
|Implementing Body||Ministry of Youth and Sports|
|Under the patronage||HE Abdel Fatah EL Sisi President of Arab Republic of Egypt|
|Fellowship Objectives||-To popularize Egypt’s long-standing experience in national institution-building
-To create a new generation of young leaders whose vision aligns with the South-South Cooperation.
-To connect the most influential young leaders – at the level of the three continents of Africa, Asia and Latin America – through necessary training, skills enhancement and application of strategic visions.
|Target Groups||-The Fellowship targets 100 young executive leaders from the continents of Africa, Asia and Latin America.
-50% males, 50% females 5% disabilities
-Decision-makers in private and Public Sectors / AUYVC Alumni / Civil Society Actors / Heads of National Youth Councils / Members of local Municipalities / Young Politicians -University Teaching staff /Researchers in political and humanitarian fields / Members of Syndicates / Journalists and Media Professionals /Social Entrepreneurs / social Media influencers / students union leaders / diplomates ,..etc).
|Language||Arabic / English|
He also strongly contributed to the establishment of organizations that brought together the continents of Asia, Africa and Latin America, namely
- The Afro-Asian People’s Solidarity Organization which has fought resolutely and steadfastly -since its establishment in 1958- against apartheid and wars in order to achieve peace. It also supported the peoples’ struggle in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- The Non-Aligned Movement- established in 1961 under the leadership of Presidents Gamal Abdel Nasser / Josip Tito / Jawaharlal Nehru / Ahmed Sukarno- which played an important role in maintaining peace and security in the world. The Movement aimed to abandon the policies resulting from the Cold War between the eastern and western camps, noting that at the time, Cairo hosted the first preparatory meetings, leading to a positive diplomatic outcome on Egypt
- The Organization of African Unity -established in 1963- which is the 1st organization to shape the African integration, later known as the African Union
- The Organization of Islamic Cooperation which was founded after the arson attack on Al-Aqsa Mosque in 1969 to establish cooperation between Islamic countries. It is now the second inter-governmental organization in the world after the United Nations in terms of the number of Member States
|SEE ALSO: Call for Mentors: Savvy Fellowship Program for Aspiring and Early-Stage Entrepreneurs|
Nasser Fellowship and the South-South Cooperation Development
The link between the Nasser Fellowship and the South-South Cooperation Development
The Nasser Fellowship is an example of the south-south cooperation, as it is one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. It is worth noting that in 2019 the United Nations designated 12 September of each year as “The United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation
Among the Objectives of the South-South Cooperation are to;
- Foster the self-reliance of developing countries by enhancing their creative capacity to find solutions to their development problems in keeping with their own aspirations, values and specific needs
- Increase and improve communications among developing countries, leading to a greater awareness of common problems and wider access to available knowledge and experience as well as the creation of new knowledge in tackling development problems
- Strengthen existing technological capacities in the developing countries and promote the transfer of technology and skills that are compatible with the resources and development capacities of developing countries, leading to enhanced individual and collective self-reliance
- Enable developing countries to achieve a greater degree of participation in international economic activities and to expand international cooperation for development
|SEE ALSO: TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2021|
How to Apply
Interested applicants should use the button below and fill the form attached.
|⭐ Apply Next: Harvard Radcliffe Institute Fellowship Program 2024|
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.