|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Masters Programs for All Developing Countries (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Nov 05, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 Notice: We are moving to Latestopportunities.com|
TRAJECTS is a DAAD-funded project that seeks to create and/or strengthen research and teaching capacities on Just Transitions in Energy, Climate and Sustainability, especially in the Global South
Within this framework, Master scholarships aim to strengthen the research capacity of our partners in the Global South and to increase the number of students contributing to research questions relevant for TRAJECTS as well as their individual interests and future careers.
Similarly, PhD scholarships aim to strengthen the research capacity of our partners in the Global South and generate long-term local capacity to deal with academic and practical questions related to Transitions to Sustainability.
During TRAJECTS (2021-2025), we expect to support:
- 30 scholarships for Master students with a duration of two years, divided into three cohorts in the duration of the project: 1st cohort 2022-23, 2nd cohort 2023-24, 3rd cohort 2024-25. In each cohort, 10 students will be funded.
- 16 scholarships for PhD students with a duration of three years, divided into two fully-funded PhD cohorts in the duration of the project: 1st cohort 2022-24, 2nd cohort 2023-25.
The master scholarships will be provided at TRAJECTS main hub Universidad Nacional de Colombia UNAL (6 scholarships), the African sister hub University of Cape Town UCT (12 scholarships) and the implementing partner Universidad del Magdalena UMS (12 scholarships)
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Have applied for a Master of Science (M.Sc) in Islamic Finance at the University of Dundee.
- Have firmly accepted their offer of entry for the Postgraduate MSc Islamic Finance programme, starting in September 2020 or January 2021. This can be a conditional or unconditional offer.
- Have International, Home/EU or RUK fee status, as verified by the University of Dundee.
- Applicants who can evidence their refugee status will be considered as a priority group, however, we may invite additional students to apply.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Monthly allowance: Monthly stipend of 400.- Euro for a maximum of 2 years (24 months), starting earliest on January 1st 2022, ending latest on December 31st 2023.
Travel costs: Limited funds of in total 2.500.- EUR per cohort and year are available for Master candidates coming from third countries to support international travel between the home and the host country. Travel costs will be paid based on real costs up to a budget limit per eligible grantee to be calculated depending on the number of eligible grantees.
Individual Material Expenditure Allowance for Research: Real costs up to the budget limit of 500,- EUR per Master grantee (for the whole funding period of 24 months).
After the final deadline of the call for applications, eligible candidates will be evaluated and ranked by the respective host institution. Special attention will be given to attain the diversity goals of TRAJECTS. At least 30% of short-listed candidates must contribute to increasing the diversity of TRAJECTS scholars (scholars who have scored points for the criterion “member of and underrepresented /disadvantaged group” and/or “financial need”).
Shortlisted candidates, will be invited to participate in a digital interview with members of the scholarship committee. The interviews will be conducted per host institution in the respective local language. Other eligible, but not short-listed candidates will be transferred to a reserve list. After the interviews, the scholarship committee will select 10 candidates for a TRAJECTS Master scholarship.
and applicants on the reserve list will be informed about their status. If a candidate does not accept a scholarship, the next person on the reserve list will be nominated.
Individual calls Host Universities
- University of Cape Town (UCT). Deadline for applications: November 5
- Universidad del Magdalena (UMS). Deadline for applications: November 5
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia (UNAL). Deadline for applications: November 5
How To Apply
- Applications should be submitted according to the instructions of the host institution, e.g. via email together with all other documents (e.g. CV, motivation letter, certificates, references etc.)
- In addition, applicants must register via a Google form (access application form).
- Applicants receive a confirmation of receipt by e-mail.
|⭐ Apply Next: The Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship 2022/23|
|COUPON ALERT: Enter promo code, "fsguest" at checkout to get 30% discount off premium courses on FS Academy. START NOW!|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.