|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Grants & Fundings for NGOs (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 16, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 Notice: We are moving to Latestopportunities.com|
From 17 March to 16 June 2021, UNESCO will receive applications to the International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD). Established under the 2005 Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions, the IFCD is a voluntary multi-donor fund which supports the emergence of dynamic cultural sectors in developing countries.
This year, the IFCD joins the celebration of the International Year of the Creative Economy for Sustainable Development by calling for projects that aim to make strong contributions to the creative economy in developing countries that are Parties to the 2005 Convention.
Public institutions, and non-governmental organizations (NGO) from eligible countries are invited to submit their proposals, as well as international NGOs registered in countries that are Parties to the 2005 Convention. The projects must clearly lead to structural changes through:
- Introduction and/or elaboration of policies and strategies that have a direct and structural impact on the creation, production, distribution of and access to a diversity of cultural goods and services;
- Reinforcement of skills in public sector and civil society organizations to support viable local and regional cultural industries and markets in developing countries.
|SEE ALSO: Study in the UK: 2021 UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education | $50,000 Prize|
All projects shall ultimately contribute to a sustainable creative ecosystem and the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda of the United Nations.
Since 2010, the IFCD has invested $8.7 million through 120 projects in 60 developing countries. These diverse initiatives have assisted the emergence of sustainable systems of cultural governance, notably by creating an enabling environment for cultural entrepreneurs, access to new markets for cultural goods and services, and accessibility to diverse cultural expressions.
In 2021, as the creative sector faces an unprecedented challenge caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the IFCD reaffirms its commitment to continue investing in culture and creativity as drivers of sustainable development.
|SEE ALSO: 2021 UNESCO Clubs Multimedia Competition For Youths Worldwide|
- Public authorities and institutions from eligible countries (developing countries, Parties to the 2005 Convention).
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from eligible countries (developing countries, Parties to the 2005 Convention)
- International non-governmental organizations (INGOs) registered in countries Parties to the 2005 Convention
The IFCD invests in projects that lead to structural change through:
- the introduction and/or elaboration of policies and strategies that have a direct effect on the creation, production, distribution of and access to a diversity of cultural expressions, including cultural goods, services and activities;
- the reinforcement of human and institutional capacities of public sector and civil society organizations, deemed necessary to support viable local and regional cultural industries and markets in developing countries.
- Maximum: 100,000 USD
- Minimum: 12 months
- Maximum: 24 months
Languages of submission: English or French
|SEE ALSO: Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program (FVSP) 2021 for Nigerians|
How to Apply
To prepare your application, download the following documents:
- Annotated Guide
- Project Framework Form (for Microsoft Excel (2011 or later versions) or similar applications)
- Complementary Documents
- List of eligible countries
Use the application button below to login and start your application
|⭐ Apply Next: Aspire Grant Program for Young Africans 2022|
|COUPON ALERT: Enter promo code, "fsguest" at checkout to get 30% discount off premium courses on FS Academy. START NOW!|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.