|👤 For (Open to): Graduates|
|🕡 Deadline: Apr 14, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|📋 Category: Fellowships|
|📌 RSS Feed: Subscribe to Fellowships|
|❓ Help: Chat with an Agent|
|TELL US ABOUT AN OPPORTUNITY 📝|
United Nations ECA Fellowship Programme mission is to deliver ideas and actions for an empowered and transformed Africa; informed by the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063.
The mission will be guided by ECA’s five new strategic directions which are
- advancing ECA’s position as a premier knowledge institution that builds on its unique position and privilege to bring global solutions to the continent’s problems and take local solution to the continent;
- developing macroeconomic and structural policy options to accelerate economic diversification and job creation;
- designing and implementing innovative financing models for infrastructure,
and for human, physical and social assets for a transforming Africa;
- contributing solutions to regional and transboundary challenges, with a focus on peace security and social inclusion as an important development nexus;
- advocating Africa’s position at the global level and
- developing regional responses as a contribution to global governance issues.
|SEE ALSO: Study in Japan: 2021 United Nations University Scholarship Programme|
As a foremost knowledge policy institution in Africa, ECA seeks to engage bright young Africans for skills and capacity development, training and mentorship through a fellowship programme within ECA’s work programme.
This fellowship initiative is in line with the Commission’s effort to assist member States develop their capacities in economic and social policy research,
development, implementation, analysis, governance, and monitoring and evaluation.
The UN regulations on temporary positions and the following conditions will apply:
- The candidate applying for this fellowship programme must be 35 years of age or below, at the time of the application;
- The candidate must be a national of a member State of the Economic Commission for Africa;
- The candidate must have graduated before 1 March 2019 from either a master’s degree or doctorate degree programme, or equivalent;
- The candidate should have interest in one or more of the identified thematic areas;
- The selected candidate will work on a predefined project, designed to contribute to specific aspects of the work programme of the mentoring Division, Sub-Regional Office or ECA Centres, and contribute to other activities;
- The selected candidate should participate in national, regional or international meetings as assigned for exposure;
- The selected candidate should submit and present at a seminar a peer reviewed research paper at the end of the assignment; and
- The selected candidate will be part of an alumni association of ECA Fellows and member of practicing international development “community of practice”.
|SEE ALSO: Google Africa PhD Fellowship Program 2021 | Up to USD $30,000|
Duration and Reward
- The selected Fellows must be available to travel to the assigned duty station as may be decided by ECA after the selection process;
- The selected Fellows will receive a return air ticket between his/her country of residence and the assigned duty station;
- The selected Fellows will receive a one-off settling-in grant of USD 3,000 and a monthly stipend of USD 3,000 each for the duration of the fellowship. Note that the final month stipend will only be paid upon submission of:
- A peer-reviewed fellowship research paper,
A comprehensive fellowship report, an approved final performance evaluation of
- A completed fellowship programme evaluation form and
- An exit boarding pass or immigration stamp showing that the fellow has departed the duty station and returned back to his/her home country, where both are not the same, at the end of the fellowship programme.
- A peer-reviewed fellowship research paper,
- The fellowship program is for six months but may be extended for a maximum of another six months.
This call is open only to nationals of the Economic Commission for Africa member States.
Candidates must submit their PHPs and the following documents as PDF attachments:
- UN Personal History Profile (PHP). This can be created at http://inspira.un.org. Follow the directions at: https://unmogip.unmissions.org/file/2447/download?token=bWKLlSJ6 to create
your PHP; save the draft as a PDF, and include the PDF as an attachment with
- A research proposal of not less than 1,000 words (in candidate’s preferred thematic area
- Copy of academic certificates
- Copy of applicant’s national passport (information page only), and;
- Three letters of reference/recommendation
|SEE ALSO: Call for Mentors: Savvy Fellowship Program for Aspiring and Early-Stage Entrepreneurs|
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its recruitment. Qualified female candidates and young scholars are particularly encouraged to apply. An impeccable record for integrity and professional ethical standards is essential.
How to Apply
All submissions to be emailed to RecruitmentPPost@un.org. Subject Line should read ECA Fellowship for Young African Professionals, 2021.
|⭐ Apply Next: 2022 IAMAT-Robert Haru Fisher Travel Medicine Scholarship For Doctors & Nurses|
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
|OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & DEADLINES:|