|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Masters Programs for Africans, Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Feb 28, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
UNESCO in partnership with ERAIFT is pleased to announce the call for application for the Regional Masters Scholarships for the sustainable management of protected areas and forest ecosystems in Africa.
The regional masters programme is linked to the LMD system and it covers a period of 24 months divided into 4 semesters. The scholarship aims at supporting interested candidates studying in the field of forest ecosystems in Africa.
|SEE ALSO: The Government of Mauritius 2022 Scholarships for Africans|
To be considered for the Regional Masters Scholarships applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold at least a degree equivalent to BAC + 3 in natural sciences (Biology, Ecology, Botany, Zoology, Environment, Geography, etc.); in engineering sciences (agronomy engineer, forestry engineer, bio-engineer, rural engineering engineer, etc.), geomatics, demography, veterinary and/or human medicine, social sciences and humanities (Sociology, Administrative and Political Sciences, Economics, Anthropology, Law, Psychology, Communication, etc.).
- Be under 40 years of age at the time of application selection.
- Have sufficient knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Have sufficient skills in qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Be proactive and autonomous, and able to work in a multicultural and sometimes difficult environment.
- Be able to live in a community and adapt to the varying conditions of the study environment.
- Successfully pass the French, English, mathematics and computer tests which will be organized and compulsory for all candidates who meet the administrative and academic selection criteria.
- To be of good ethical and moral values.
- Be in good health and present a certificate of vaccination against the COVID 19 virus within the last 6 months (for successful applicants only).
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the forestry and environmental sector would be an asset.
|SEE ALSO: AIMS-Next Einstein Initiative Masters Scholarship in Mathematical Science 2022|
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the UNESCO-ERAIFT Regional Masters Scholarships are to send to ERAIFT a complete file including the following elements:
- A duly completed and signed application form (to be requested from ERAIFT or downloaded from its website: eraift-rdc.org.
- A letter of motivation addressed to the Director of ERAIFT and President of the Academic and Research Council, requesting enrolment in the 4 th class of this regional programme. This letter must be handwritten, written in French and English, maximum one page each.
- Various certificates are usually requested and legalised: a birth certificate, a current physical fitness certificate (issued in less than 6 months of the analysis of the application files), a recent medical certificate from a clinic of international renown, a vaccination card against the current emerging pandemics (Covid-19, etc.); a certificate of nationality, a certificate of good conduct or equivalent.
- Certified copies of previously obtained university diplomas and photocopies of transcripts for each academic year (original diplomas must be presented for confirmation of enrolment at ERAIFT).
- For the civil servant candidate, a certificate of availability from the employer for the duration of the training at ERAIFT is required (24 months of training).
- Three letters of recommendations.
- A summary of the updated curriculum vitae of maximum 3 pages, showing especially the applicant’s competences, references of scientific productions (list of publications and scans of the first page of the publication; etc.).
- Three recent passport photos (one of which should be attached to the application form).
- Scan of the first two pages of the passport valid for at least two years.
- A handwritten and signed declaration on honour, attesting that once enrolled in this Master programme, the candidate undertakes to scrupulously respect the study and examination regulations of ERAIFT.
All applications should be sent to ERAIFT digitally in a single pdf file, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com with the subject line: “My application to the Regional Masters Programme, 4th class”.
|⭐ Apply Next: UNSW New College Living 2023 Scholarship Program for International Students|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.