|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Everyone (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Nov 01, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Catholic Relief Services’ International Development Fellows Program prepares dedicated global citizens to pursue a career in international relief & development work.
CRS empowers Fellows to hone their skills and gain practical field experience while contributing to impactful work. Each Fellow works alongside experienced CRS staff to address critical issues facing developing countries today.
CRS invites applicants of diverse backgrounds who are committed to our agency mission and strategy to join our global team.
The CRS Fellowship is a unique 12-month professional development opportunity, designed to prepare Fellows for success in a range of onward positions with CRS. By completing this training program, Fellows are competitive candidates for a wide range of positions with CRS.
|SEE ALSO: 2022 Twitter Internship Program For Undergraduate & Graduate Students|
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
In order to be eligible to apply for the fellowship, applicants must:
- Graduate degree in field relevant and applicable to international development (e.g. Agriculture, Health, Engineering, Business, Public Administration, Finance, Supply Chain)
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional proficiency in a second language (preference given to major languages spoken where CRS works)
- At least six months of work or volunteer experience in a developing country (or 5+ years living in a developing country)
- Able and willing to be based in locations with tropical and infectious diseases and limited access to medical facilities.
Under the supervision of an experienced staff member, the Fellow will support programming and operations in the following areas:
- Support implementation of current projects (activity planning with CRS staff and partners, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities, etc).
- Support timely and accurate reporting and learning (write/edit reports in collaboration with CRS staff and partners, document lessons learned, etc).
- Support effective management of cash and in-kind resources (budget analysis, cash forecasting, financial reporting, commodity management, etc).
- Serve as acting project manager, as appropriate.
Project Design and Proposal Development
- Support research & analysis to inform new project design (data collection/assessments, problem identification, stakeholder analysis, gender analysis, gap analysis, theory of change, etc).
- Work with CRS staff and partners to develop proposals (design workshops, technical and cost applications, packaging/editing, etc).
Partnership & Capacity Sharing
- Work for CRS partners by supporting activity planning & implementation, project design, proposal development, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- Support partnership strengthening and capacity sharing (partnership reflection workshops, learning events, etc).
- Support procurement by participating in bid analysis and vendor selection, contracting, receipt and warehousing of goods.
- Support staff recruitment by drafting job descriptions, reviewing applications, participating in interview panels.
- Support security by reviewing security protocols and manuals.
- Support supply chain management by reviewing systems for delivery, storage and distribution of goods, assisting with inventory counts, data collection, analysis & verification.
- Support strong financial management by analyzing budgets/spending, reviewing supporting documentation for financial transactions, etc.
- Support risk management and compliance by reviewing internal controls, systems for fraud prevention, CRS & donor guidelines, audit reports, mitigation plans, etc.
- Support roll-out of Project Insight, CRS’ integrated HR, Supply Chain and Finance system.
To apply, candidates must have the following skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to cultivate strong relationships while working with a wide range of individuals in and outside the agency
- Effective communicator; able to develop tailored and influential messaging for varied audiences
- Proactive; willing and able to take on additional responsibility, challenge assumptions and facilitate change
- Results-driven; able to set and achieve ambitious goals and instil confidence
- Strategic thinker; able to formulate guiding questions, leverage resources and find creative solutions
- Discerning; able to maintain focus and provide good judgment amidst complexity and uncertainty
- Develops others; able to listen, coach and mentor
- Agile; able to operate effectively in a stressful, fast-changing environment where security could change unexpectedly
- Aligned; able to support and champion the mission, vision, and values of CRS
- Motivated; interest in a career in development or emergency relief
- Flexible; willing to work in various regions and developing countries around the world
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.
RS is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and nationalities. Candidates are not required to have U.S. work authorization, green cards or U.S. citizenship. CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
If, due to a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please e-mail: email@example.com.
|⭐ Apply Next: Aga Khan University (AKU) 2023 Medical Fellowship for African Medical Practitioners|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.