|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Trainings and Workshops for Journalists, Nigerians (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Sep 30, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Are you a professional Nigerian photographer exercising press photography or reportage for the media or on social networks? Are you looking to improve your technical and visual literacy skills and you would like to cover the 2023 general elections? Do you need help to refine your career plan and build your career in photojournalism?
“Naija in Lights” is a 12-month project implemented by CFI in partnership with StoryMi Academy, Radio France internationale (RFI) and the Alliances Françaises network in Nigeria.
- The applicants must be a young journalist under 35 years of age, employed by one or more established media outlets (private or public and on a freelance or in-house basis), or active on social media and exhibiting a certain degree of influence among young people (a number of subscribers on social networks (< 2k)).
- The applicants must be based in Nigeria and practising press or journalistic photography for at least 2 years. They sound knowledge of the basics of photography (writing captions, basic understanding of how to read an image, proficient in basic editing, etc.) and desire to become a professional photojournalist and to make a living from this profession.
- They are independent and creative and apply the rules of independence and impartiality in their photographic work.
|SEE ALSO: Viewfinder Accountability Journalism Fellowship 2022 (Up to R40,000)|
The group of beneficiaries will be composed of equal numbers of photographers from the south (South West, South East, South South) and from the north (North West, North East, North Central, Federal Capital Territory) and female applicants will be given higher priority.
The selection process will take place in two stages :
1- Analysis of the online form containing the following information
- An introduction to the applicant, their career plan and their reason for participating in the project (4 pages maximum)
- A description of their photographic work with downloads of photographs with captions (min. 3 and max. 10 pictures)
- At least one reference from a person who has worked with the applicant
- Any other experience of relevance to the objectives and activities of the “Naija in Lights” project
- Letter of consent from the applicant’s supervisor if the photojournalist is employed by a media outlet
- Confirmation of availability for the entire duration of the project.
CFI will preselect applicants on the basis of this file. Those who are preselected will be invited to complete a test to evaluate their ability to read photographs.
2- Test : the applicants will be asked to
- Choose a photograph produced by another photographer and then assess and analyze it (10-15 lines)
- Submit a series of three of their own photographs on the subject of national unity.
The applications will be examined by a jury, who will assess the applications according to the criteria below. Applications will receive a score out of 100 points, with an obligation to achieve at least 30 points during phase 1 in order to move on to the next stage of the selection process.
The selection process should be fully completed no later than 1st November 2022.
|SEE ALSO: Google Hustle Academy for African Entrepreneurs 2022|
- 30 August 2022: launch of the call for applications
- 30 September 2022: deadline for receiving application files (18:00 UT)
- 20 October 2022: publication of the results for stage 1
- 24 to 31 October: test (stage 2)
- 1st November 2022: publication of the results
- 5 December 2022: start of training session 1 in Kano (7 days) – to be confirmed
Amount to be attributed to each beneficiary 420.000 Nairas (equivalent to 1000 EUR)
How to Apply
Go to CFI on ac.cfi.fr to apply
Any question? Please send an email to: email@example.com
|⭐ Apply Next: International Federation of Biosafety Associations(IFBA) 2023 Global Mentorship Program|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.