|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Masters Programs for Everyone, Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jan 07, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarships can be offered to students from any region of the world; however, no more than three applicants with the same nationality will be awarded in the same intake under the same category. The scholarship’s terms depend on the student’s nationality and residence.
Erasmus Mundus GLOCAL Scholarships are now open for applications for the September 2022 academic session. Apply now. “Global Markets, Local Creativities” (GLOCAL) is an International Masters degree taught over 2 years by a consortium of 7 world-class and internationally renowned universities.
The programme aims to examine how local places (clusters, cities and regions) and local actors (entrepreneurs, firms and policymakers) generate local competitiveness under global market conditions. This programme highlights the importance of historical and social context in which economic development, public policy and business strategies take place. This two-year academic programme equips you with the critical skills to make sense of the intersecting complementarity of the global and local, but also provides opportunities for practical experience with companies and public policy organisations.
Depending on which pathway you choose, you will take between eight and ten core and around eight optional courses delivered as a mix of lectures and seminars, and you will study at 3 of the GLOCAL partner universities. The programme also includes opportunities for internships and industrial placements.
The degree is ideal for highly talented students seeking a career in urban or public policy organisations, multinational corporations, international consultancies, cultural and creative industries, or other non-profit organisations. Students will be encouraged to explore a variety of interdisciplinary perspectives on the process and experience of globalisation from a place-based perspective, in particular of cities, creative industries, development and local cultures of entrepreneurship.
|SEE ALSO: Imperial College Business School Global Leadership Scholarship (Full Tuition Fee)|
The GLOCAL programme is dedicated to equality in all its activities. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and seek to create a learning environment that is free from discrimination and unfair treatment. We fully engage with and subscribe to the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion principles and policies of the University of Glasgow, which can be found here.
We accept applications from a variety of backgrounds within the social sciences, business majors, humanities and languages; however, a strong background in history, economics, political science, development studies, or business is preferred.
Academic Background requirements depend on which study track you choose to apply for.
Study tracks A, C, D, E and G are suitable for applicants with an academic background in History, Sociology, Political Science and International Relations, as well as applicants from an Arts and Humanities academic background (English Language, Literature, Anthropology, Languages, etc.).
Applicants who have previously studied Economics or Business/Management are also welcome to apply to these study tracks, so long as they can evidence some wider interest.
Study tracks B and F are suitable for applicants with an academic background in History, Economics, Business/Management, Sociology, Political Science, International Relations, or other Social Science.
Those applying for Pathway B and F are required to have an academic background in Social Sciences.
Other majors (such as Engineering, Sciences, Architecture etc.) will also be considered for entry into the programme and for the scholarship if they have a significant academic background in the targeted fields listed above.
Additional study track guidance can be found in the Acceptable Academic Backgrounds document.
Please note we cannot give individual advice on whether your background is suitable. It is for you to make your case in your personal statement as to why you think you fit within GLOCAL.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarship includes:
- a contribution to the student participation costs (tuition fees, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory participation costs)
- a contribution to student travel and installation costs
- a monthly subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the study programme
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Degree certificate (and an official translation into English)
- Official academic transcript(s) (and an official translation into English)
- Two supporting reference letters on headed paper.
- English language proficiency
- A scan of the photo page of your passport.
- Your CV (Europass format preferred, but not mandatory).
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship application form – 2022 entry.
- Separate personal statement (for self-funded applicants only).
There are two parts to how your application for GLOCAL is handled.
- Your application for entry onto the programme is handled by the University of Glasgow’s Admissions office. The Admissions office will examine your application and decide whether to make an offer of entry to the programme.
- Your application for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships is handled separately, by the GLOCAL Consortium partners. All applications which are deemed by the University of Glasgow’s Admissions Office to have met the requirements to be awarded a conditional or unconditional offer of entry to the programme are reviewed and scored by GLOCAL staff at the University of Glasgow and at the Consortium partner universities, according to the published selection criteria. This is a very thorough process in which all applications are scored by two academic members of staff in the first round of reviews, followed by the top-scoring applicants being reviewed by all seven GLOCAL partner institutions and discussed at a final scholarship selection meeting. This results in a ranked list, from which the Erasmus Mundus scholarships are awarded.
Please note that no scholarship application results will be released until the official results release date specified in the selection timeline and we are unable to provide detailed feedback or ranking positions.
You make your application to both the programme and the Erasmus Mundus scholarship as one application through the University of Glasgow’s online application system. You do not have to make separate applications for the programme and the scholarship.
If you get an offer of entry to the Programme but are unsuccessful in getting an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship and you wish to self-fund your studies, a non-refundable £1000 deposit will be required to secure your place.
|⭐ Apply Next: Wageningen University&Research Africa Scholarship Programme for Africans 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.