|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Africans, Post Graduates, Researchers (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Oct 01, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Africa Platform of Ghent University Association (GAP) welcomes applications for visiting fellows. As one of the five regional platforms at Ghent University, GAP facilitates and fosters academic collaboration between Ghent University Association and academic institutions in Africa. The Africa Platform hosts five visiting research fellows every year. Awardees will spend a minimum period of two weeks at Ghent University or one of the associated University Colleges.Five fellowships will be awarded in 2022.
- The Africa Platform fellowships are aimed at researchers (junior or senior lecturers & professors) who are affiliated with an African higher education or research institution.
- A bilateral agreement or memorandum of understanding needs to be in place between Ghent University and the African institution.
- The fellowships consist of a grant of € 1000 + one return flight ticket, for a minimum stay of two weeks, which is meant to cover (or contribute towards) travel and accommodation costs and living expenses. This means that matching funding will need to be found in many cases. The visiting scholars will be given an office space and access to facilities (such as the library) as a Ghent University visiting scholar.
- Awardees are expected to be present at Ghent University and to take part in the academic activities of the research unit. Visiting scholars will give at least one lecture or seminar to fellow researchers and students. For this reason, awardees are required to have an excellent command of English or French.
|SEE ALSO: 2023 Getty Foundation Pre- and Postdoctoral Fellowships Program|
Documents Required for Application
- A cover letter
- A research plan
- A budget
- Your signature and the signature of the Ghent University promotor.
- A short CV (max 2 pages)
How to Apply
Your application should be in English or French, the application form includes the following sections:
- Personal information;
- A cover letter in which you indicate: the period of your visit, the research group you would like to be affiliated with, and a motivation as to how your current and future research at your home university will benefit from a research stay at Ghent;
- A research plan (research objectives, methods and tools, a work plan for the intended visit, possible long-term cooperation plans, etc.);
- A budget;
- A list of your three most important publications (optional);
- Your signature and the signature of the Ghent University promotor. This means that you should already have a Ghent University promotor at the application stage. If you do not at present have links with Ghent University, the online research directory can help you in your search for a promotor. You also need to submit a short motivation statement by the Ghent University promotor;
- A short CV (max 2 pages) in annex to the application form.
The application should be submitted by email to Annelies.Verdoolaege@UGent.
|⭐ Apply Next: Harry Frank Guggenheim (HFG) 2023 Emerging Scholar Awards for Graduate-Student Researchers|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.