|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Africans (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Nov 14, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Netflix Short film competition across Sub-Saharan Africa – We believe that a great story can come from anywhere, and be loved everywhere. Africa has a rich heritage of storytelling and a young population that is ready to step up and tell Africa’s stories, in all their multiplicity.
We’re excited by the fresh new voices that are ready to tell the stories they were told by prior generations, to the world. Netflix has partnered with UNESCO to launch a short film competition, “African Folktales, Reimagined,” to find the bravest, wittiest, and most surprising retellings of some of Africa’s most-loved folktales. We can’t wait to see what you’ve got.
The competition is open to individuals seeking to venture into feature film development and production. Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 5 years of demonstrable professional experience in the audio-visual industry. Applicants must have developed and produced 1 to 2 theatrical feature films, television fiction, documentaries, or 2-3 short films and/or commercials.
Do you have a tale to share with the world? If our call has set your imagination alight, you may be one of the final six storytellers chosen to tell the stories you were told, to the world, on-screen. We are calling upon budding filmmakers to share their reimagined African folktale concept for a short film that celebrates the dynamism of African cultures. All genres welcome! Look at this brief as creative ignition — see where the theme takes you. You will submit a concept synopsis that should give us a clear idea of your creative vision and artistic angle.
To be eligible to apply for the competition, applicants must:
- You are under 35 years old
- You are a citizen and resident of a Sub-Saharan African country
- You are a filmmaker with limited experience, but have developed and produced 1- to 2 theatrical feature films, television fiction, documentaries, or 2-3 short films and/or commercials seeking to venture into feature film development and production
Duration and Reward
Six winners will have their short films (12-20 minutes long) launched on the Netflix service in 2022, as an “Anthology of African Folktales, Reimagined.”
Each of the 6 winners will receive a production grant of US$75,000 (through a local production company) to develop, shoot and post-produce their films which will be administered by a nominated local production agency. In addition, each of the 6 winners will receive $25,000
- Applications open: Applications will open from October 14th, 2021 via this website. They will close on November 14th, 2021 at 11:59 PM (GMT).
- Submit synopsis: You will need to submit a synopsis of your concept (no more than 500 words) in a Creative Statement as well as a link to a recent CV and a portfolio of any past audiovisual work you have produced.
- The shortlist: We’ll announce our top 20 finalists in January who will then be invited to a “How to Pitch to Netflix” workshop.
- The finalists: Our final 6 winners will be selected by an independent judging panel guided by Netflix and UNESCO.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions.
|⭐ Apply Next: African Academy Of Sciences (AAS) Fellowship For African Scholars 2023|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.