|👤 For (Open to): Graduates, Post Graduates|
|🕡 Deadline: Oct 15, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|📋 Category: Masters Programs|
|📌 RSS Feed: Subscribe to Masters Programs|
|❓ Help: Chat with an Agent|
|TELL US ABOUT AN OPPORTUNITY 📝|
The Rhodes Trust is an educational charity that supports exceptional students from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
The Rhodes Scholarships, established in 1903, are the oldest international scholarship programme in the world, and one of the most prestigious. Administered by the Rhodes Trust in Oxford, the programme offers 100 fully-funded Scholarships each year for postgraduate study at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom – one of the world’s leading universities.
Rhodes Scholarships are for young leaders of outstanding intellect and character who are motivated to engage with global challenges, committed to the service of others and show promise of becoming value-driven, principled leaders for the world’s future.
|SEE ALSO: Central Queensland Fully Funded University Research Training Program|
The broad selection criteria are:
- Academic excellence (First Class Honours or GPA of minimum 3.70 out of 4.00, or equivalent).
- Energy to use their talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, including where teamwork is involved).
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship.
- Moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in their fellow human beings.
The Committees are looking for outstanding young people who are motivated to engage with the global challenges facing humankind, who are committed to the service of others, and to the promotion of international understanding and peace.
In short, candidates will be young people of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service, who demonstrate a strong propensity to emerge as ‘leaders for the world’s future’, wherever their careers might take them, and in any field. For further details, see: http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/.
The Rhodes Selection Committee will be grateful, therefore, if you would supply a frank and confidential statement regarding the applicant’s qualifications. Your prompt response to the auto-generated email reference request will be of great assistance to the applicant and to the selection process.
|SEE ALSO: NITDA Masters and Doctoral Scholarship 2021/2022 for Nigerians|
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Nationality/citizenship: Eligibility to any other Rhodes Scholarship renders you ineligible to apply for a Global Scholarship, i.e. if you are eligible to apply via any existing Rhodes Constituency (https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/list-of-rhodes-scholarship-countries/), you must apply there. Please also see the information below and online regarding inter-jurisdictional consideration – it may be in your interest to pursue that route rather than to apply for a Global Scholarship, which will likely be the most competitive Scholarships offered by the Rhodes Trust.
- Age: Upon 1 October 2021, you must meet either of the below criteria: i. You must be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1997 and on or before 1 October 2003). OR (for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual) ii. You must have not reached your 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1994) AND you have met or will meet the requirements for completion of your first degree on or after 1 October 2020* * A university’s policy determines the date a degree is considered awarded. In ambiguous cases, the decision of the National Secretary is final.
- Academic achievement: You must have completed (or will have completed by June / July 2022) an undergraduate degree with a First Class or minimum GPA minimum of 3.70 out of 4.0 (or equivalent). Please note carefully the requirements for your chosen course at Oxford, which may be higher still. Successful candidates typically feature within the top few ranks of their graduating classes.
- English language: You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
|SEE ALSO: Solve Education! Learning Program 2021 | Free Data and Scholarships|
If unsuccessful in your first application to the Rhodes Scholarships, you may subsequently re-apply only once more (and this must be in the same constituency), subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
Multi-jurisdictional Candidates: If you meet the eligibility criteria for more than one Rhodes Constituency, you must only apply to one. You should apply to the Rhodes Constituency with which you have the greatest connection.
Inter-jurisdictional Candidates: If you have strong and demonstrable connections to two or more Rhodes Constituencies but do not meet the eligibility criteria for any single Rhodes Constituency, you may be eligible to apply for inter-jurisdictional consideration. Please visit the ‘Which Scholarship?’ page for further details.
Global Scholarship Candidates: If you are not eligible to apply to any existing Rhodes Constituency (see list here) and you are not eligible to apply for inter-jurisdictional consideration, then you can apply for a Global Scholarship, subject to meeting all other Global Scholarship eligibility criteria and subject to institutional nomination. Please visit the ‘Which Scholarship?’ page for further details.
|SEE ALSO: 2020 Commonwealth100 Online Leadership Development Programme|
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University 2022 in UK is a Fully Funded Award which will cover all the necessary expenses to pursue a postgraduate degree at Oxford University. The Rhodes Scholarship will cover the following:
- All University and College fees
- The University application fee
- A living stipend (£16,218/Year)
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
Note: The tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Subject to an application process, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil (PhD).
|SEE ALSO: Gani Fawehinmi Undergraduate Scholarship in Nigeria 2021|
Eligible Countries with Deadlines:
- AUSTRALIA 01 July to 10 September 2021
- BERMUDA 01 June to 15 October 2021
- CANADA 01 June to 27 September 2021
- CHINA 01 June to 08 October 2021
- EAST AFRICA 01 June to 31 August 2021
- GERMANY 01 June to 30 September 2021
- HONG KONG SAR 01 June to 30 September 2021
- INDIA 01 June to 02 August 2021
- ISRAEL 01 June to 30 September 2021
- JAMAICA & THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN 01 June to 30 September 2021
- KENYA 01 June to 31 August 2021
- MALAYSIA 01 June to 31 August 2021
- NEW ZEALAND 01 June to 01 August 2021
- PAKISTAN 01 June to 02 August 2021
- SAUDI ARABIA 01 June to 30 September 2021
- SINGAPORE 01 June to 30 September 2021
- SOUTHERN AFRICA 01 June to 15 August 2021
- SYRIA, JORDAN, LEBANON AND PALESTINE 01 June to 31 August 2021
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES 01 June to 23 September 2021
- UNITED STATES 01 July to 06 October 2021
- WEST AFRICA 01 June to 15 September 2021
- ZAMBIA 01 June to 31 August 2021
- ZIMBABWE 01 June to 31 August 2021
- Any Other Country 01 June to 02 August 2021
|SEE ALSO: 2021 ADB Scholarship at Asia Pacific University|
How to Apply
- You can apply online from 01 June 2021 at http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply via the scholarships tab.
- You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by your countries deadline.
- In preparation for making your application, you should read carefully the general information, particularly that held on the Scholarships tab, on the Rhodes House website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford: www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate.
- GLOBAL SCHOLARSHIP
- EAST AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP
- SOUTHERN AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP
- WEST AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP
- KENYA SCHOLARSHIP
|⭐ Apply Next: Study-In-Turkey: 2022 Sabanci University Scholarship For International Students|
Subscribe below to receive our recommended opportunities every Monday.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
|OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & DEADLINES:|