|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In General Competitions for Africans, Youths (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Sep 02, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The United Nations Development Programme Sub-Regional Hub for West and Central Africa (UNDP WACA) has launched this Challenge calling for young entrepreneurs and innovators with impactful solutions in West and Central Africa.
The UNDP WACA Youth Innovation Challenge is an initiative designed to identify and support the transformative innovations and resilience of young people from West and Central Africa. It follows the 2021 inaugural edition – Sahel Innovate Challenge – which provided 10 youth from across the Sahel Region with funding ranging from $1,000 – $20,000 to bolster their innovations.
|SEE ALSO: Call for Applications: YOTA 2022 Youth Innovation Challenge for Young Africans|
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old.
- A citizen (can be in diaspora) of a West & Central African country: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
- The best existing solutions (with tangible impact) in the following thematic areas: Digital Transformation, COVID-19 Recovery, Health, Education, Peace and Security, Cultural and Creative Arts, Agroforestry and Climate Change.
- Five finalists will be fully funded to participate and pitch their solutions at the 2022 YouthConnekt Sahel Forum in N’Djamena, Chad and win funding of up to $50,000 (total award envelope to be awarded to the top 5 innovators).
- Opportunities for young innovators to access funding and partnership opportunities.
- Evaluation committees will identify 30 pre-selected youth to join the WACA innovator network and access peer-to-peer learning, coaching, and training opportunities.
|SEE ALSO: GoogleDotOrg Impact Challenge on Climate Innovation 2022|
How to Apply
Go to United Nations Development Programme UNDP on forms.gle to apply
Upload a video pitch of not more than 2-minutes.
Video Submission Guidelines
- Recording should be done in a quiet place with no music or background noise (Listen to your audio before uploading the video and ensure you are audible).
- The video should answer the question: What is the impact of your solution in your community, and what is its value and potential?
- Keep the camera in a still position to avoid a shaky recording.
- Ensure the picture quality of your video is clear.
- Videos should be shot in “landscape/widescreen” mode.
- Recording should not exceed 2 minutes and can be recorded in English, French, or Portuguese.
|⭐ Apply Next: Dolors Alberola Poetry Prize 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.