|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Africans, Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jan 15, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Programme supporting aspirational public health leaders from Africa in acquiring advanced skills and competencies to strategize, manage and lead public health programmes that will transform public health in Africa
The African Union Commission launched the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) – Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Programme on 25 May 2020 in partnership with the Kofi Annan Foundation, following its approval by the Governing Board of Africa CDC in March 2018.
Fellows admitted in the programme will be senior public health professionals from African Union Member States who will contribute to and lead the implementation of a new public health order for Africa, and in turn mentor and develop the next generation of public health leaders for the continent.
The first cohort of the Fellowship programme was launched on 7th April 2021 and consisted of a total of 20 fellows from 14 countries. IN 2022 the Fellowship on boarded 20 ADDITIONAL fellows from 17 countries for the second cohort SELECTED from more than 3000 applications. The fellowship programme is now open and accepting applications for the Third cohort, with a deadline for applications by 15th January, 2023 and the fellowship scheduled to commence in May 2023.
|SEE ALSO: STIAS ISO LOMSO Fellowships for African Researchers 2023|
- Be citizens of an African Union Member State;
- Possess a postgraduate degree in a relevant field in public health;
- Have relevant professional experience in any field of public health, including but not limited to one health, medicine, finance, health economics, health policy, animal health, or environmental health;
- Be in full-time employment in any area of public health, in a private or public institution in Africa;
- Have a good track record or be able to demonstrate the potential for effective public health leadership where they can positively impact the public health outcomes of populations.
Aim and Benefits of African Union/Africa Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program
- The aim is to support aspirational Public Health Leaders (Fellows) from Africa in acquiring advanced skills and competencies to strategize, manage and lead public health programmes that will transform public health in Africa.
- Africa CDC will provide all learning and development materials and meet all costs associated with the fellowship, including travel, daily allowance and insurance during the residential placements.
- Fellows will be supported to ensure that they have the relevant software for online learning.
- Successful applicants will be informed by 31st March 2023.
- The fellowship will start on 1st May 2023.
|SEE ALSO: SSRC-APN Individual Research Fellowships for African Countries 2023|
Documents Required for Application
- A support letter from the current employer to confirm employment, guaranteeing that the candidate will be allowed enough time to participate in the Fellowship program and to attend the full eight weeks of institutional residential experience.
- Letters of recommendation from two reputable professional referees.
- A personal statement (maximum 400 words) providing evidence of the candidate’s commitment to public health in Africa detailing the following:
- Their leadership experience and professional attainment
- Their vision of, and the future impact of effective public health leadership in Africa
- How they would champion public health initiatives in Africa
- A leadership challenge project proposal (maximum 400 words) that outlines a potential leadership challenge project they will implement. The proposal should include a title, brief description of the challenge (the what, the who is affected, and the why), a proposed strategy for a solution, and the expected outcome.
|⭐ Apply Next: Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship for Young Nigerians 2023 (Fully-funded)|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.