|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Postgraduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Aug 25, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Africa Fellowship Programme was Launched in 2013, the World Bank Group (WBG) Africa Fellowship Program targets young talented African nationals who are completing or recently completed a Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work. The fellowship program has been very successful since its inception, building a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
|SEE ALSO: Emerging Climate Leaders Fellowship at Yale Jackson School of Global Affairs 2022|
The program offers chosen fellows a six-month assignment at World Bank Group (WBG) offices in Washington D.C. or in country offices to gain hands-on experience in the operations of the WBG. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries. While benefitting from research and innovation in multiple sectors, fellows will also work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity. Through the fellowship, we aim to build the capacity of the next generation of African change makers in development, policymaking and promote the goals of reducing poverty in the region.
A candidate of the World Bank Africa Fellowship must:
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period
- Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university or institution, and worker’s compensation insurance.
The following additional attributes are highly desirable:
- a command of an additional World Bank official language
- national from fragile and conflict-affected countries
- candidates from refugee and internally displaced communities and/or with proven experience on forced displacement
|SEE ALSO: Princeton University 2023-2026 Postdoctoral Fellowship|
The selection process consists of two phases:
In the first phase, a short-list of candidates will be made available for hire for the different units of the WBG depending on applicants’ specialization. Applicants will be notified of about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
In the second phase, the final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status.
Note: Fellows will spend a minimum of six months. The fellowship period of engagement is January-June 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should go to World Bank on wbgfellowship.worldbank.org to apply
|⭐ Apply Next: Aga Khan University (AKU) 2023 Medical Fellowship for African Medical Practitioners|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.