|👤 For (Open to): Scientists|
|🕡 Deadline: Jul 15, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|📋 Category: Post-Graduate Programs|
|📌 RSS Feed: Subscribe to Post-Graduate Programs|
|❓ Help: Chat with an Agent|
|TELL US ABOUT AN OPPORTUNITY 📝|
African Center for Translational Genomics (ACTG), an initiative of 54gene, is pleased to announce the 2021 Academic Scholarship open to emerging genomics scientists.
The scholarship aims at enhancing Africa’s competitive advantage in the genomics research and development space, globally, by reaching and assisting young scientists as early as possible in their career.
The scholarship offer is competitive based on prevailing rates in both public and private universities in Africa. Up to $4,000 is available per scholar per year for up to 4 years. Scholarship awards may be applied towards tuition, housing, study related travels as well as other study related activities.
|SEE ALSO: NITDA Masters And Doctoral Scholarship 2021/2022 For Nigerians|
To be considered eligible for the ACTG Academic Scholarship, applicants are to meet the following requirements:
- Open to African graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results.
- It is for students enrolled in full-time PhD programs and who are committed to the completion of their program within the three or four year period of their study as defined by their academic institutions.
- Applicants must be admitted to study molecular genetics or genetic epidemiology or related fields.
|SEE ALSO: MIPLC/DAAD Scholarship For Students From Developing Countries|
how to apply
Interested applicants for the ACTG Academic Scholarship 2021/22 are to apply online while ensuring that they submit the required documents before the application deadline.
- Statement of interest from the applicant indicating academic qualifications, research interests, his/her suitability to work with the NCD-GHS and career goals (one paragraph for each criterion). Additional information on past research projects, on-campus or off-campus activities and accomplishments that would aid the Committee in reaching its decision can also be included (max. 2 pages).
- CV of the applicant
- Research proposal summary in either genetic epidemiology or molecular genetics of any of the NCDs highlighted above (max. 4 pages).
- Letter of support from the department chair or faculty supervisor of the applicant stating the student’s academic qualifications and accomplishments, career goals, and reasons for selecting the candidate (max. 2 pages).
|⭐ Apply Next: Study In Saudi Arabia: 2021 King Abdulaziz University Scholarship For International Students|
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
|OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & DEADLINES:|