|🕡 Deadline: Jul 20, 2021 [ Set Reminder ]|
|👫 Open to: Africans|
|🌐 Host: Royal Academy of Engineering|
|👤 For: Innovators|
|📋 Category: Grants|
|🔊 Share on: WhatsApp Facebook Twitter|
|NOT LOGGED IN? LOGIN NOW|
The Royal Academy of Engineering hereby announces the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation 2022 to deserving and eligible candidates.
The Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation awards crucial commercialization support to ambitious African innovators developing scalable engineering solutions to local challenges to demonstrate the importance of engineering in economic development and improved quality of life.
The Prize has a track record of identifying engineering entrepreneurs with significant potential, many of whom have gone ahead to achieve greater commercial success and social impact. Each year, up to 16 shortlisted African innovators receive a unique package of support over seven months to assist them to accelerate their businesses.
Tailored training and mentoring culminate in a showcase event where a winner is selected to receive £25,000 along with three runners-up, who are awarded £10,000. The academy has supported 102 businesses from 16 countries since the start of the Africa Prize seven years ago.
|SEE ALSO: BeyGood Global Citizen Funded Fellowship Program 2021|
To be eligible for the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation 2022, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have developed, or be in the process of developing a new technological innovation.
- Must have the ambition to take a leading role in creating a new business to commercialize the innovation.
- Innovators must aim to promote the welfare and economic development of a country or countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Innovations be designed to address a development need or specific challenge facing that country.
- Application must be written in English.
- Lead applicant must be over 18 years when applications close on 20 July 2021. There is no upper age limit.
- Applicants can apply as an individual or as a team.
- Lead applicant must be ordinarily based in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The Innovation must be based in a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The lead applicant must provide a letter of support from a university or research institution.
- Innovation must be at technology readiness level 3 or above. Evidence of a prototype should be provided in the application.
|SEE ALSO: 2021 Microsoft Interns4Afrika Internship Program|
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation 2022 are to submit their application via the online grant management system. Applicants must register before they can apply.
The application form has six sections and will take approximately one and a half to two hours to complete.
|⭐ Apply Next: Apply: Mpower Financing International Student Loan 2021|
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📵 Read Offline with our Web App
|OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & DEADLINES:|
|» May 21, 2021: Apply: Mpower Financing International Student Loan 2021
» May 21, 2021: BeyGood Global Citizen Funded Fellowship Program 2021
» May 21, 2021: Study-In-USA: 2021 World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
» May 23, 2021: Call for Submission: Lion and Lilac Magazine new Issue
» May 26, 2021: 2021 UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education | $50,000 Prize
» May 27, 2021: Grow with Google Professional Certificate Scholarship for African Women 2021
» May 28, 2021: 2021 Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) Scholarship Essay Competition
» May 29, 2021: Application For Admission into Nigerian Military School 2021/2022 Academic Session
» May 31, 2021: 2021 Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Transform Fund | Over US $500 million
» May 31, 2021: 2021 Keystone Scholarship For Undergraduates & Postgraduates Students
1 2 3 4 5 6 >
|VISIT DEADLINE PAGE|