|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Scholarships for Professionals (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Mar 22, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The African Palliative Care Association (APCA) in partnership with Global Partners in Care (GPIC) in the USA, provides a limited number of scholarships each year for palliative care training opportunities.
APCA and GPIC recognise the important role nurses and social workers play in providing holistic palliative care services for people with life threatening and life limiting illnesses and their families.
Despite this, the inadequate incorporation of palliative care into the pre-service (undergraduate) training for nurses and social workers, the lack of clear career pathways for those interested in specialising in palliative care and lack of recognition of palliative care qualifications by local ministries of health and education continues to be a challenge.
|SEE ALSO: OPEC Fund Young Professional Development Program 2023|
The Palliative Care Education Scholarship Fund for Nurses and Social Workers aims to provide an opportunity for nurses and social workers involved in palliative care provision or those determined to lead the development of such services in their settings to undergo specialist training. Palliative care is a growing area of practice in Africa, and nurses and social workers often feel unprepared to deal with the complex issues it encompasses.
The Palliative Care Education Scholarship Fund for Nurses and Social Workers can be taken in any recognised institution of higher learning offering palliative care training in Africa. Examples include: Institute of Hospice and Palliative Care in Africa/Hospice Africa Uganda, Mildmay Uganda, Nairobi Hospice/Oxford Brooks University in UK, University of Malawi and University of Cape Town in South Africa.
- Qualified nurse or social worker with a degree or diploma residing and working in Africa. Other specialties (doctor, clinical officer, etc.) are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Has obtained a place on a diploma palliative care course in an institution in Africa recognised by APCA. You must already have secured acceptance to a program of study to be considered for a scholarship.
- Currently licensed in nursing or social work, where applicable
- Able to obtain full support from your place of work to undertake the course
- Able to serve your institution of work for at least one year after completion of the training
- Able to legibly complete the application
- Willing to provide thank you letter, video testimonial, or Zoom interview with GPIC and APCA in support of future fundraising for the scholarship fund. Please note that preference may be given to applicants who are in their final year of study.
Benefits of APCA Nursing Scholarships
- Five (5) scholarships for nurses
- Four (4) scholarships for social workers
|SEE ALSO: BMGA Foundation 2023 Fellows Program for Women|
Scholarship amount and duration may vary according to the course of study but shall not exceed $2,000 USD
This amount will vary depending to the option of study, either formal course or experiential learning at a hospice.
How to Apply
- Eligible applicants should download and complete the relevant scholarship application form available online and submit to the relevant email: email@example.com.
- Filled in hard copy applications forms can also be sent through courier addressed to or dropped at the African Palliative Care Association, P.O. Box 72518, Plot 95, Dr Gibbons Road, Kampala, Uganda.
For more information about the African Palliative Care Education Scholarship Fund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions
|⭐ Apply Next: Commonwealth Distance-Learning Scholarships 2023/2024 for Developing Countries|
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.