|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Researchs for Africans (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Apr 15, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
As part of its Capacity-Building Program for African stakeholders in the water, sanitation, and hygiene sector (AfriCap) funded by USAID, the African Water Association is awarding research scholarships to African Young Water and Sanitation Professionals. Target beneficiaries are master students and engineer in the final year of their training. Each scholarship, with a maximum value of USD1,000 (one thousand US dollars), will make it possible to carry out a research work sanctioned by a scientific report on a theme related to the WASH sector.
During the 2016-2017, 2017-2018, and 2018-2019 academic years, AfWA awarded sixty (60) scholarships to students from eleven (11) countries in West and Central Africa. Other scholarships will be awarded across Africa for a period of three years (2021-2024). For the 2021-2022 academic year, fifteen (15) scholarships have been awarded to students from 13 countries. For the academic year 2022-2023, other fifteen (15) scholarships will be awarded across Africa.
|SEE ALSO: University of Alicante 2023 Researchers Program for Sub-Saharan African Women|
The following themes were selected for this scholarship program for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- Approaches to reducing Non-Revenue Water in water utilities
- Improved Water Quality Control
- Water services in low-income urban areas
- Improvement of urban and peri-urban sanitation
- ICT use (Digitalization) in water and sanitation services
- Water resources management
Candidates for the scholarship program will formulate their research topics in relation to one of the themes proposed in this call for applications. They will also be able to apply to one of the research topics proposed by one of the members of AfWA. Topics will be available on AfWA website. To apply, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country eligible for USAID funding.
- be in good standing academically with respect to their institution.
- Submit an application file including:
- Student card or registration receipt for the current year
- Last completed degree
- Curriculum vitae (3 pages max)
- Three recommendation letters (one should be from the academic supervisor)
- Research proposal form to be downloaded from AfWA website (afwa-hq.org).
|SEE ALSO: Coimbra Group 2023 Scholarship Programme for African Researchers|
Benefits of AfWA Research scholarships
- As part of this scholarship, the maximum amount allocated per recipient is US $ 1,000. Sixty percent (60%) of this amount will be paid to the recipient once the detailed plan of the research project is finalized, approved by the research supervisor, and received by AfWA Research and Capacity Building Program Coordinator.
- The remaining forty percent (40%) shall be paid once the recipient submits the electronic version of their final research report.
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit their application electronically at the following addresses simultaneously: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. For any request or clarification, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The list of successful candidates will be published on AfWA website: www.afwa-hq.org and each beneficiary will receive an official notification from AfWA.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions.
|⭐ Apply Next: IEG 2023/2024 Fellowships for Doctoral Study in Germany|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.