|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|🆕 New: Find more Post-Graduate Programs at Latestopportunities.com|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 13, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
In partnership with the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is inviting students who are in the final stage of their MSc or MSc holders with an interest in data science and its related disciplines (such as Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Cluster Analysis, Data Mining, Big data Analytics, Data Visualization, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Deep Active Learning, Cognitive Computing among others), to apply for one of four attractive PhD scholarships at its pioneering Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Research Centre in Rwanda.
JOIN US FOR MORE ON: |
or Follow us on WhatsApp Channel
The AIMS-Carnegie Research program in Data Science and its Applications aims to position Africa at the forefront of information science. It also seeks to ensure that scientists worldwide are able to fully contribute to the above goal.
|SEE ALSO: University of West London International Ambassador Scholarships 2022/23|
Benefits of AIMS-Carnegie PhD Scholarship
Successful candidates will each benefit from financial support of up to $19 390 per annum for the three year duration of their research study. Funding is also available for conferences and international scientific events. The term can be renewed based on satisfactory progress. Students would preferably be based at QLA in Rwanda and could be affiliated to any of the AIMS Research Centres and spend time in other international partner universities or research centres. Beneficiaries may also be affiliated to any recognized institution of higher learning located in the same country as the AIMS Research Centre.
- Applicants can be from any country.
- Applicants must hold at least an MSc degree in any field related to mathematical sciences before the start date of this position.
- Applicants should be interested in undertaking research in Data Science and its related disciplines.
- Knowledge in mathematical modelling would be an advantage.
- Applicants must be open-minded, and must be willing to conduct their research at their preferred AIMS Research Centre, or a designated partner institution in one of the AIMS host centres.
A small number of shortlisted candidates will be invited to round 2 of the selection process. In Phase 2, supervision teams are formed and applicants discuss with potential supervisors more details on their research plans. As part of Phase 2, applicants are asked to submit a detailed research proposal.
|SEE ALSO: University of Gondar 2022/23 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program|
Documents Required for Application
- Application Form
- CV (you can use your own format, but please make sure to cover at least all items mentioned in this template that apply to your case)(This document is not editable. Please download or create your own.)
- Transcripts (Please submit both your undergraduate and your masters level transcripts. Additional transcripts can be submitted if relevant.)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should go to African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) on quantumleapafrica.org to apply
|⭐ Apply Next: 2023 University of Stuttgart Scholarship Program for Developing Countries|
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.