> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
|🆕 New: Find more Fellowships at Latestopportunities.com|
|🕡 Deadline: Oct 05, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
The American University in Cairo (AUC) has two categories of fellowships: institutional and sponsored. Institutional fellowships are funded by the University while sponsored fellowships are from private endowments and donors.
Fellowships are highly competitive awards. They are open to new students and may also be available to continuing graduate students who display superior performance in their academic endeavors, depending on the availability of allocated funds for a given fellowship award.
While both types of fellowships recognize high achieving applicants, the University considers financial need as well as academic merit. Preference is given to those who wish to pursue full-time study in a graduate program at AUC.
|SEE ALSO: World Bank 2024 Africa Fellowship Program For Ph.D. students and recent graduates|
To compete for the fellowship as a graduate student, you must have completed your AUC application for admission and submitted a graduate fellowship application online.
- Priority will be given to applicants with excellent academic standing, and who are fully admitted into a given graduate program.
- Applicants who are provisionally admitted with remedial English language requirements are eligible for fellowship support.
- Institutional and external fellowships may cover remedial English language requirements unless otherwise stated in the specific fellowship listing.
- Applicants who are provisionally admitted with the condition of achieving certain grades in one or more program graduate courses are eligible for fellowship support.
- Applicants who are provisionally admitted with prerequisite undergraduate courses are NOT eligible for fellowship support.
- A GPA of 3.2 or higher is needed for continuing graduate students to be eligible for applying for fellowships unless otherwise stated in the specific fellowship listing.
- A GPA of 3.2. or higher is needed for continuing graduate fellows to retain the fellowship unless otherwise stated in the specific fellowship listing.
Aim and Benefits of AUC Fellowships For International Students
Fellowship awards can be given in the form of full tuition fees coverage of nine credits per semester or partial tuition fees coverage between one and eight credits. Graduate students must apply for fellowship support renewal every semester unless otherwise specified in the fellowship listing and/or the fellowship award letter. Fellowship renewal is neither automatic nor guaranteed.
During an exchange semester, institutional fellowships coverage is only limited to AUC tuition. Graduate Student Support Grants can possibly provide support for other expenses as per the support grants criteria and regulations.
Fellowship Duration and Renewal
Institutional fellowship awards are usually for one semester. You must reapply every semester if you continue to demonstrate academic excellence and financial need. Fellowships may or may not be available in the summer and winter sessions. For externally funded fellowships (non-institutional awards) you need to check the specified duration of coverage and terms provided in your signed letter of award. Some of the externally funded fellowships available provide coverage of remedial English courses.
Fellowship Calendar (Spring 2024)
- The fellowship application for spring 2024 will be available for all degree-seeking graduate students who wish to apply for a fellowship starting October 5, 2023.
- The deadline for applying for spring 2024 is October 26, 2023.
|SEE ALSO: United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023|
Fellowship Calendar (Fall 2024)
There are two cycles for applying to fall 2024:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Fellowship cycle 1 is from December 20, 2023 – January 16, 2024
- Fellowship cycle 2 is from April 7 – May 7, 2024
- The graduate admission application must be submitted at least two weeks before the fellowship deadline
- Applicants do NOT need to receive their admission decision prior to submitting a graduate fellowship application online
- Graduate diploma-seeking students are not eligible for institutional fellowships
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.), and Master in Computing (M.Comp.) degree-seeking students are not eligible for institutional fellowships
- Non-degree students are not eligible for institutional fellowships
- AUC community members (faculty/staff/dependent) cannot benefit from fellowship support alongside AUC’s tuition remission benefits
- Graduate students found in breach of academic integrity will be automatically rendered ineligible for fellowship support
- For study-abroad non-degree graduate students’ possible financial support, click here
- International students may be eligible for a monthly housing allowance or accommodation in the AUC residences at AUC New Cairo Campus, based on need.
How to Apply
|⭐ Apply Next: No upcoming opportunity in this category ( See all opportunities )|
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.