|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Trainings and Workshops for Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jul 15, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Association for Research On Civil Society In Africa (AROCSA) and the Association For Research On Nonprofit Organizations And Voluntary Action (ARNOVA), in partnership with the Ford Foundation, have established the Emerging African Scholars (EAS) Program in Africa. The program includes a virtual PhD Workshop for professional development and sharpening of students’ research skills.
The PhD Workshop is a full-day virtual professional development and intellectually engaging workshop. The workshop seeks to provide guidance for emerging scholars on the path to a successful career, help sharpen their research skills and address the challenges that African PhD students face.
|SEE ALSO: Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellowship 2022 (Fully-funded)|
The program is open to doctoral students from Africa whose research focus is on nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship and voluntary action studies in Africa. Students at the various under-listed stages in their doctoral program are encouraged to apply:
- Students who have defended a dissertation proposal
- Students who have not yet defended a dissertation proposal
- Students whose dissertation plans are not yet fully formed
Selection Criteria: Slots in the workshop are limited. Selection of candidates will be based on the following criteria:
- Potential quality and impact of proposed research
- Centrality of the work to philanthropy, nonprofit management, civil society, social entrepreneurship, and voluntary action studies in Africa.
- Potential for the student to gain from the workshop
- The goal is to provide scholarly research support, professional advice and
|SEE ALSO: African Urban Futures Postdoctoral Fellowships at University of Cape Town 2022|
Documents Required for Application
- 5-page description of dissertation research or proposed research outline (double space, 12pt font with one inch margins)
- Brief Statement of Purpose, outlining how the student expects to benefit from participation in the PhD Workshop
- Recommendation from student’s dissertation advisor/faculty advisor
How to Apply
Applicants are required to apply for the PhD Workshop through the electronic application on the AROCSA website.Please compile your 5-page description, your Statement of Purpose and recommendation letter in one PDF document before submitting.
|⭐ Apply Next: LEAP Africa 2023 Youth Leadership Programme for Nigerian Students|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.