|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In General Competitions for Youths (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Nov 24, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA), in collaboration with the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC), launched the 2022 edition of the Space4Youth Essay Competition! Water scarcity is a major global challenge. Young people play a key role. UNOOSA and SGAC want to give a voice to and promote youth’s ideas on the use of space for water resources management and aquatic ecosystem preservation.
Participants will submit an essay on the theme “Space as a tool to accelerate change in sustainable water resources management, hydrology and the protection of aquatic ecosystems” but can choose their own topic within that theme. Participants will focus on how space can be used to tackle water challenges by underlining concrete, realistic and original examples of how space science, technology and its applications can inform and, or support the delivery of actions and commitments for water management problems and adaptation of policies at local, national, regional and, or international levels.
|SEE ALSO: Biomimicry Institute Youth Design Challenge Worldwide|
- The competition is open to all students and young professionals from any Member State of the United Nations.
- All participants shall be of the age between 18 to 35 inclusive (up to the day of their 36th birthday) on February 1, 2022.
- Open to individuals – no team submission is allowed.
- Competition organizers and judges are not eligible for the competition.
The United Nations encourages all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, disability, sexual orientation, cultural or religious backgrounds, to apply.
Benefits of UNOOSA/SGAC Space4Youth Competition
- The U.S. will support this year’s Space4Youth competition by providing the authors of the best 3 essays with a trip to the United States to meet with representatives of the U.S. space sector and attend an Adult Space Camp at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama.
- The 3 best essays will be uploaded on the “Space for Youth” webpage and the “Space4Water Portal” of UNOOSA.
- The authors of the best 3 essays may be invited to attend other international events.
|SEE ALSO: Halogen Group Cyber Competition for Nigerian Youths 2023 (Win Upto 1million)|
How to Apply
To apply, register through the Space for Youth Competition Form. Once registered, send the abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions.
|⭐ Apply Next: WIPO Global Awards Competition for Entrepreneurs 2023|
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.