|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Trainings and Workshops for Africans, Scientists (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Apr 12, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The aim of the AREF Towards Leadership programme is to empower talented, emerging scientists in Africa to compete successfully for UKRI MRC and other major funding opportunities in global health research. Together Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF) and MRC are investing in talented African scientists in Africa, enhancing their global health research and leadership potential.
The programme will run between Oct 2023 – Oct 2024, consisting of two residential workshops (opening and closing) and one virtual workshop. The curriculum is designed to support engage and enhance the participants’ own capabilities and to empower talented, emerging scientists in Africa to compete successfully on a level playing field for UKRI MRC and other major funding opportunities in global health research. The programme is directed towards to winning grant funding, empowering effective teams, collaborating internationally, influencing stakeholders and building rewarding research careers.
|SEE ALSO: ALX Africa 2023 Cohort 2 Free Software Engineering Course and Certification|
- You are a citizen of a country in Africa.
- You are currently employed in Africa by a recognised university and/or specialist research institution.
- You are an early career researcher, having completed your research education and are now at the early stages of leading your own research group.
- You will hold a research doctorate (PhD/DPhil/MD) from a recognised academic institution OR you have a medical/clinical qualification PLUS a research-relevant Master’s degree, both usually within the last 10 years. If it has been longer than 10 years since your last degree, please explain in your application why you should still be considered an early career researcher (i.e. caring responsibilities or career break/change impacting your research career).
- You are currently responsible for managing/supervising one or more research students and/or research staff members and are involved in building research collaborations.
- You demonstrate evidence of being at the early stages of leading a research team or being an active member of a research team conducting Global Health research
- A significant part of your current employee role is to develop and conduct health research.
- You already have experience in obtaining research funding (Combined value of £500,000 or less).
Benefits of AREF-MRC Towards Leadership Programme
- The costs of the workshops and associated by accommodation and travel of selected nominees will be met by MRC and AREF.
- To be accepted to the Programme, you will need to demonstrate the potential to benefit yourself and your home institution. Therefore, in the application form you will need to provide a persuasive personal statement demonstrating:
- Your current/most recent research programme and the potential for it to make an impact on health
- A compelling career vision and how you plan to achieve it
- Your potential as an emerging research leader to build a successful research group, influence your discipline and engage with impact or innovation outside of academia.
- How you and your institution will benefit from participating in the AREF Towards Leadership
|SEE ALSO: Einstein Forum/Wittenstein Foundation 2023 Einstein Fellowship for Researchers Worldwide|
- Nominations must be accompanied by a supporting letter from an authorised senior representative of your employing institution, such as the director. They should:
- confirm your eligibility.
- confirm they authorise you to participate in all three workshops – that you will not be withdrawn to fulfil teaching, administration or other obligations
- Describe how they personally and the institution will recognise the benefits that participating in the programme brings – and how those benefits will be integrated into and sustained within the organisation.
- Nominees must be fully committed to participating in all three workshops of the Programme; partial attendance is NOT an option.
- The opening Workshop is planned for 4-6th November 2023.
- Workshop 2 will be held virtually and is planned for 11 to 15 March 2024.
- The closing workshop is planned for October 2024
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions
|⭐ Apply Next: Global Changemakers-ATKV African Youth Summit 2023 (Fully-funded)|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.