|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Sep 16, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Launched in 2014, The Asia Foundation Development Fellows Programme brings together a group of young emerging leaders from across the region who are deeply committed to building an inclusive Asia-Pacific region and securing lasting change on the ground.
This yearlong career advancement programme takes on a multifaceted approach to leadership development which includes two intensive in-person modules, one in Asia-Pacific and a second in the United States, as well as year-round support through mentorship, coaching, and a flexible grant. The in-person coursework explores fellows’ leadership styles, helps fellows effectively articulate their stories, and develops their problem-solving and critical thinking approaches.
The 2023 programme will commence with a two-week Leadership Training Programme and study tour in Laos, where fellows dive into authentic leadership and meet with development practitioners to understand the mechanics of change on the ground. Immediately following the programme in Laos, Fellows will join programme alumni for the second Forum on Leadership for Asia’s Future, a weekend of highly interactive professional exchange and networking. The programme will conclude with visits to San Francisco and Washington, D.C. for a two-week Leadership Dialogue and Exchange programme, visiting innovative organizations while continuing to examine their authentic leadership journey.
|SEE ALSO: Call for Applications: Lagos African Cluster Centre 2023 Visiting Research Fellowship Program|
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment and gender equality, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by January 1, 2023;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries and region where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pacific Islands; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam.
- A flexible, professional development award of US $5,000 will be provided to each fellow for use throughout the Fellowship year.
- Additionally, fellows are matched with mentors tailored to their background and professional interests and have access to a fixed number of one-on-one executive coaching sessions with a professional leadership coach.
|⭐ Apply Next: Kectil 2023 Youth Leadership Programme for Developing Countries|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.