|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|🆕 New: Find more Literary/Art Contests at Latestopportunities.com|
|🕡 Deadline: Jan 22, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
BBC World Service International is now accepting applications from people living in Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa for its 2021 Podcast Competition.
JOIN US FOR MORE ON: |
or Follow us on WhatsApp Channel
BBC World Service International is looking for the most creative, interesting and original podcast idea, which can be a success around the world. They are particularly interested in ideas that resonate with women.
For 2021, it’s open to people living in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa. To enter, you must be 18 years old or over, not already a professional in broadcast media or have a credit on a commercial podcast, and the idea you submit must not already exist as a podcast or radio programme.
What is a Podcast?
A podcast is an audio show, but you can download it and listen whenever you like. Podcasts are free from the restraints of traditional radio programmes: they can be any length, and they often have quite a personal, intimate tone, as many people like to listen to them on their own with headphones. They can be about anything, and any format – from discussion and debates, informal chats to investigative journalism and documentaries.
BBC World Service International Podcast Competition Eligibility
- Open to people living in Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa.
- You must be 18 years old or over, not already a professional in broadcast media or podcasting, and the idea you submit must not already exist as a podcast.
- The idea must be original, i.e. it cannot be an already existing podcast or radio show.
- Entries which do not adhere to the full Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
BBC Podcast Competition Prizes
- The winning idea will become a BBC World Service podcast. You will produce it with the support of a BBC production team.
BBC Podcast Competition Judging Criteria
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Suitability to work as a podcast – first and foremost, will the idea work as a podcast? Does this idea have the ability to become a brilliant podcast? Podcasts aren’t the same as radio programs – does the idea have the correct tone and feel to work as a podcast? Will it attract a podcast audience?
- Distinctiveness – how original and creative is the idea? Is it unique?
- Resonance for international audiences – to what extent will the idea appeal to audiences around the world?
- Resonance for women – how successfully and creatively does the idea reflect women’s lives? Is it likely to appeal to women?
- BBC Editorial Guidelines – does the podcast meet the BBC’s editorial standards, including impartiality?
- Retention – is the idea likely to retain an audience? Will listeners be compelled to listen to episodes through to the end and to return for subsequent episodes? Will they want to recommend it to friends?
- Practicality – how likely is it the podcast will be possible to make in terms of access required or whether it works to a realistic timescale?
- Still relevant – the podcast mustn’t feel dated by later this year or beyond
- BBC World Service – does the podcast fulfil the BBC World Service’s global remit?
- Potential to be more than one season – does the idea have longevity?
- Scripted comedy or drama ideas will not be considered for this competition.
- The entry must fulfil the Terms and Conditions.
How to Apply for BBC Podcast Competition
To apply, you will need to complete an online application form with a summary of your original podcast idea and upload a 2-minute piece of audio in which you describe what makes it distinctive. Start by clicking the START button below.
Visit the official link for further information. See below for deadline, others.
|⭐ Apply Next: No upcoming opportunity in this category ( See all opportunities )|
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.