|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In General Competitions for Youths (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Mar 28, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Youth Design Challenge (YDC) is a free, hands-on, project-based learning experience that provides classroom and informal educators with a new framework to introduce biomimicry and an interdisciplinary approach to science and environmental literacy.
Working in teams with an adult coach, students explore the wonders of the natural world and apply what they learn to create innovations that support a healthier planet.
What Will Your Team Do?
- Your team will take on the role of innovators and work together to apply biomimicry (nature-inspired innovation) to address a social and/or environmental issue related to a chosen Sustainable Development Goal (SDG). Suggestion: work on an issue that affects your local community!
- As a coach, you will guide your students as they study how organisms in nature have adapted to similar problems and challenges and apply what they learn to innovative solutions. Final projects can then be entered into the nationwide competition for prizes awarded by the Biomimicry Institute.
|SEE ALSO: IREX Community Solutions Programme for Young Leaders 2023(Fully-funded)|
- The Youth Design Challenge is a team competition for students in middle school (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12).
- A team consists of a pair of students or a group of up to either students and one to two adult coaches affiliated with a school, education organization, or homeschool.
Entries to the competition are judged once annually and prizes are awarded in two grade level categories: middle school (6th-8th) and high school (9th-12th). There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards for National teams. International submissions will compete for Honorable Mention.
Projects selected for awards will receive:
- Recognition on the Youth Design Challenge website, on the Biomimicry Institute website, and in media and outreach.
- An Award Certificate for each member of the winning team.
- Coaches are asked to participate in the judging process during a preliminary review period in which they will rate a selection of student entries against the rubric. Award winners are then selected by a panel of expert judges from among the top-scoring entries.
|SEE ALSO: Trust for Sustainable Living (TSL) International Student Essay Competition 2023(Win $500 + trip to a TSL Summit)|
How to Apply
Go to Biomimicry Institute on youthchallenge.biomimicry.org to apply
Entries are submitted online and include the following elements:
- Written project overview
- Project image
- Video pitch
- Project portfolio
- Team photo
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions
|⭐ Apply Next: GIST Catalyst Women in Climate Pitch Competition 2023|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.