|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Professional Programs for Professionals, Youths (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Oct 24, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The BMZ African German Leadership Academy is an innovative training and dialogue programme that brings together early to mid-career professionals from Germany and its African partner countries namely, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia and Togo. The programme aims to develop leadership skills and enable joint knowledge creation and peer learning needed for sustainable development, in accordance with the objectives of Africa’s Agenda 2063 and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The programme is organized and hosted by the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) and funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
|SEE ALSO: Lagos State Agripreneurship Programme (LAP) for Young Nigerians 2022|
The format of the dialogue and training programme sees 25 participants from government institutions, think tanks and research institutions, civil society and the private sector. They all bring together their experience of and expertise in working in the area of sustainable development. Participation in the programme also facilitates networking opportunities with German and European stakeholders from various sectors and with representatives from African institutions.
Potential participants of the BMZ African-German Leadership Academy should:
- Be a national or permanent resident of one of the participating countries
- Be 25 – 40 years old*
- Work on issues relevant for sustainable development and governance
- Have at least three years’ work experience (non-remunerated experience is also recognised)
- Have the support of their employer (written support required as part of application)
- Have a very good command of the English language (equivalent to B2 level of the CEFR)
- Be respectful of other cultures
- Be open to teamwork, reflection and a broad variety of working methods
- A high-quality digital programme, combining, academic insights and hands-on training, including insights in the practice of German political, economic and social system
- Innovative training and exchanges on leadership skills crucial for sustainable development in different contexts
- Strengthening digital collaboration skills by working online in highly diverse teams
- Shaping a network of organizations and individuals dedicated to sustainable development from seven African countries and Germany
Documents Required for Application
To apply to become a participant, you will need to submit the following documents in pdf format, via the application portal:
- Application Form Part I: Applicant’s statement – To be completed and signed by the applicant.
- Application Form Part II: Employer statement of support – To be completed, signed and stamped by the employer.
- Diplomas – Copy of diploma or certificate (in English, French or English translation) of the highest professional qualification and/or university degree
- Passport – Copy of the main pages of your passport
- Language Certificates – Proof of English language proficiency (if available)
|SEE ALSO: African Union Youth Champion in Nutrition Programme for Young Africans 2022|
How to Apply
- Please make sure to read the Conditions for Participation before you apply. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Submit your application via the application portal Applications sent by email will not be considered.
For any questions concerning the application process, please contact: email@example.com
|⭐ Apply Next: ACT Foundation 2023 Professional Volunteer Program for African Entrepreneurs|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.