|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Nov 09, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The intention of the Writing Workshops is to support early career researchers in developing countries, working to stimulate professional networks, develop research partnerships, encourage skills development, provide advice on career development and promote the uptake of research emanating from developing countries.
Through the Writing Workshops programme, the British Academy aims to encourage and support early career researchers in developing countries to publish in high-impact journals in the fields of the humanities and social sciences and enable them to develop connections with academics and journal editors based nationally and internationally. The writing workshops are in effect making a career intervention, instilling and aiming to change long-term academic culture, and engaging with the wider ecosystem researchers inhabit.
These workshops are required to take place in ODA-eligible countries.
|SEE ALSO: African Digital Democracy Observatory(ADDO) Research Fellowship 2022|
- The lead applicant must be based at a UK university or eligible research institute and be of postdoctoral or above status (or have equivalent research experience).
- The lead applicant must either be in a permanent position at the institution or have a fixed-term position for the duration of the award.
- Each application must have at least one co-applicant based in an ODA-eligible country.
- All proposals must be ODA-eligible: only projects that have a primary objective which is directly and primarily relevant to the problems of developing countries may be counted as ODA-eligible.
- ODA eligibility is an essential criterion – projects will only be deemed eligible for funding if they can demonstrate that they satisfy ODA eligibility criteria.
- Awards are set at a maximum of £30,000. Funding must be used in the direct delivery of the workshops, and can cover travel and related expenses, subsistence costs, clerical assistance and consumables, childcare support (including for participants), networking, meeting and / or conference costs.
- It will be considered an eligible cost to support the contribution of non-UK based Co-Applicants who are directly involved in helping to organize the workshop(s) in country.
- The award length is two years. This is to enable and acknowledge the significant follow-on and follow-up activities that a successful writing workshop award will need to undertake.
|SEE ALSO: Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2023/2024|
How to Apply
Applications can only be submitted online using the British Academy’s online Flexi-Grant® Grant Management System (GMS) system.
|⭐ Apply Next: The European Writing Prize 2022|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.