|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Africans, Researchers (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Feb 24, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
This year, the Society is encouraging nominations of joint collaborations, groups or teams for almost all its medals to better represent how contemporary science is undertaken. In addition, the Society is extremely keen to broaden the diversity of those nominated for its awards, so do please consider all contacts and colleagues.
You do not have to be a Fellow of the Royal Society to nominate or be nominated for any of the Royal Society medals and awards.
- The Royal Society Africa Prize will be made to an individual for an outstanding, innovative contribution to biological science, including basic medical science, which contributes significantly to capacity building in Africa.
- The Prize is intended for researchers at an early stage of their research career (usually having received their PhD within the last 10-15 years) with the potential to build a research project to follow on from the prize.
- The research must be based in Africa.
- Nominations can be made by senior academics and members of the national academies of science.
- The project and nominee should be linked with an African centre of excellence, which would normally be a University, or equivalent research centre.
- Normally the Prize is given to an individual who has not yet reached full Professorship status.
|SEE ALSO: SSRC-APN Individual Research Fellowships for African Countries 2023|
Benefits of Royal Society Africa Prize
- The winner will receive a bronze medal, accompanied by a gift of £2,000.
- 30 November 2022: Call for Nominations opens
- 24 February 2023 : Call for Nominations closes
- 27 February – mid May: Royal Society contacts suggested referees where required. Premier Awards, Physical and Biological Committees shortlist nominations and seek independent referees.
- By end June: All committees score the nominations
- By end July: Council reviews and approves winners recommended by award committees
- By end August: Winners announced
How to Apply
- The terms and conditions of the Royal Society Africa Prize (PDF) should be read before submitting a nomination.
- Click here to nominate
|⭐ Apply Next: BBC News 2023 Komla Dumor Award for African Journalists|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.