|👤 For (Open to): Everyone, Initiatives, Organizations|
|🕡 Deadline: Sep 20, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|📋 Category: Awards & Prizes|
|📌 RSS Feed: Subscribe to Awards & Prizes|
|❓ Help: Chat with an Agent|
|TELL US ABOUT AN OPPORTUNITY 📝|
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals and groups around the world for the Nelson Mandela-Graca Machel Awards 2021 to celebrate initiatives in support of human rights and social justice.
The Innovation Awards (2021) will recognize seven individuals, groups or organisations that stand out for their innovative work building people power in support of human rights and social justice for everyone.
|SEE ALSO: Commonwealth Youth Awards 2022 for Excellence in Development Work (5000 GBP in Prizes)|
The 2021 Innovation Awards will help to make the case for the importance of people power and civil society activism in creating a more just, inclusive and sustainable world. The Awards will provide an important platform for learning, sharing and building solidarity, and inspire activists, donor and other enablers who are looking for innovative approaches and solutions to supporting people power.
To be eligible for the Nelson Mandela-Graca Machel Innovation Awards 2021, applicants are to meet the following requirements:
- You are 18 years or older by 1st September 2021.
- You are able to submit an application in English, French or Spanish.
- You are both a national and resident from the following regions: Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, Pacific.
- You work with organisations, networks, movements or change-seeking communities at the local or national level.
- You belong to the same community whose issues you are trying to address.
- You have worked to build people power in your community for at least 2-years.
- For individual applicants: you belong to an organization, network, movement or change-seeking community that would ultimately benefit from the Award.
- You are not/ have not received funding from CIVICUS in the past 2-years.
- Your work/ the proposed initiative relates directly to one of the following topics:
- You are currently implementing one of the following proposed initiatives: Building and sustaining social justice movements; Creating positive narratives for people power; Democratising global governance systems and processes; Enhancing diversity and inclusion through activism; Protecting and promoting digital civic space; Resourcing youth-led groups and movements; Sustaining people power through self- and community care.
|SEE ALSO: Call for applications for the 2021 GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security|
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the Nelson Mandela-Graca Machel Innovation Award are to follow the steps outlined (below) to apply:
- Take the following eligibility quiz to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants who pass the eligibility quiz will immediately have access to the official online application form. Those who do not pass the quiz are not eligible to participate in the Awards and cannot submit an application form. We implemented the eligibility quiz to help non-eligible candidates save time and effort.
- Eligible applicants have two options:
- Complete and submit the online application form immediately when redirected to it.
- Download a template of the application form (also provided after passing the quiz) to prepare their answers in advance. When ready, go back to the eligibility quiz to access the online application form, copy-paste the prepared answers, and submit the online form.
|⭐ Apply Next: 2021 Access Bank Business Startup Challenge For Young Ghanaians Entrepreneurs|
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
|OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & DEADLINES:|