|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Post Graduates, Researchers (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Oct 27, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
Apply for a research fellowship where you can have a better understanding of critical scientific and social issues in global sustainable development today. Columbia University offers a Postdoctoral Research program to encourage research and development.
This award program provides innovative postdoctoral scholars with the opportunity to build a foundation in one of the core disciplines represented within the Earth Institute (i.e. social, earth, biological, engineering, and health sciences), while at the same time acquiring the breadth of cross-disciplinary expertise needed to address critical issues related to sustainable development.
|SEE ALSO: Georg Forster Research Award in Germany for Researchers in Developing Countries|
To be eligible for the program, candidates must have received their doctoral degrees (Ph.D., M.D. or J.D.) within five years prior to the start of the appointment.
- All doctoral requirements must be fulfilled and the degree awarded before the start of the appointment.
- People holding current positions with rank above post-doctoral scientist are not eligible for appointment under university rules.
- Those holding current post-doc positions should contact our office to determine eligibility.
- The program is open to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens. Columbia University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
- EI Postdocs will receive an annual salary of $71,640. They are also awarded a research stipend of $12,000 over the two-year term for reimbursable expenses related to the appointment.
- These funds can be used for relocation and moving expenses, as well as for computer, travel, conference, journal, book, software, equipment, and other research costs.
|SEE ALSO: CIFAR Azriel Global Scholars Program 2021/2022 for Early Career Researchers|
How to Apply
To apply to the program candidates must submit the following documents:
- Online Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief Personal History
- Research Proposal
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- Proposals may suggest participating in, contributing to, or extending existing multidisciplinary Earth Institute projects.
- Candidates are also encouraged to develop new, innovative projects that connect Earth Institute expertise.
- In addition to submitting the application and proposal, candidates are encouraged to identify and contact their desired multidisciplinary mentoring team, i.e. two or more senior faculty members or research scientists/scholars at Columbia University with whom they would like to work during their appointment.
|⭐ Apply Next: Sankalp Africa Awards 2022 for Young Social Entrepreneurs|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.