|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Post-Graduate Programs for Africans, Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: May 17, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
CORAF is offering 8 Ph.D scholarships in the framework of the implementation of the Food Systems Resilience Program (FSRP) in West Africa.
The Food System Resilience Program (FSRP) is a flagship regional investment program of more than US$1 billion that aims to build food system resilience in West Africa through a strategic regional approach. The program will fund investments in three mutually reinforcing thematic areas: (1) Digital advisory services for the prevention and management of agricultural and food crises; (2) Sustainability and resilience of the food system’s productive base (sustainable land and watershed management, agro-ecological approaches); and (3) Market integration and trade (regional staple food value chain development). Each area will be led by a mandated regional institution (AGRHYMET, CORAF, ECOWAS) to ensure coordination and build sustainable capacity.
|SEE ALSO: University of Essex 2023 Africa Postgraduate Scholarship for African Students|
To be eligible for this program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a national of one of the CORAF member countries;
- Be no more than 40 years old;
- Have a Master’s degree in research related to the chosen field and theme;
- Have already identified a thesis supervisor;
- Have a demonstrated capacity for applied research, a willingness to learn and think across disciplines and professions;
- Have a demonstrated interest in agricultural research for development;
- Ability to speak and write French or English fluently; a good working knowledge of the other language would be an asset;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent communication skills.
Benefits of CORAF Food System Resilience Scholarship
The fellowship stipend will include:
- Registration and bench fees;
- A monthly living allowance;
- Field expenses including travel, surveys, or labor related to the research activities, acquisition of small research equipment and consumables;
- International travel expenses (conference attendance, scientific visits);
- And supervision expenses.
|SEE ALSO: 2023 University of Stuttgart Scholarship Program for Developing Countries|
Documents Required for Application
- A letter of motivation demonstrating the applicant’s suitability and motivation and specifying his/her availability;
- Diplomas and transcripts (Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees);
- A curriculum vitae (Maximum 5 pages);
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors with their addresses;
- A letter of commitment from each identified supervisor (university and research center)
- A budgeted thesis research proposal on one of the research topics covering one of CORAF’s priority areas (proposals attached). The research proposal must specify the doctoral school or university of registration, the name and full address of the supervisors (Co-Directors of the thesis). Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com, no later than May 17, 2023. The subject line of the email should clearly state “Doctoral Program – CORAF 2023”. Shortlisted students will be interviewed online. Results will be announced in July with a likely start date of September 2023
How to Apply
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com, no later than May 17, 2023. The subject line of the email should clearly state “Doctoral Program – CORAF 2023”. Shortlisted students will be interviewed online. Results will be announced in July with a likely start date of September 2023.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions.
|⭐ Apply Next: DAAD 2023 Masters Scholarship for African Students|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.