|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Literary/Art Contests for Everyone, Writers & Poets (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Nov 01, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Enter our Creative Writing Competition via the form below and you could win £1,000. Simply upload a short story of 1,000 words minimum (maximum 1,500) to be in with a chance of winning our top prize. We’re also offering five runners-up prizes for a brand new printer and Cartridge People consumables.
Full Terms and Conditions are shown below and for further guidance, we’d encourage entrants to read the Competition or Cut-Price Commission? a study from the Writers’ Guild Of Great Britain.
Why We Are Running A Creative Writing Competition
Creative writing has grown enormously in the UK not just as a profession but as a hobby and outlet for people to express themselves. There are now a large number of areas you can use a talent for creative writing as a career in industries such as TV, film and even video games. University degrees are available across the country in Creative Writing although, in reality, the “writing” could potentially be altered to “typing”. Computers and laptops are now primarily used for producing short stories, scripts, poems and screenplays and with that comes the inevitable need to print.
|SEE ALSO: Commonwealth Short Story Prize For Commonwealth Countries 2022|
We understand that as part of the creative writing process, the drafting and editing can mean a huge demand to print so that notes can be made and the work can be read away from the screen to offer a fresh perspective. Cartridge People Content Manager, Andy Davies explains: “Having come from a Creative Writing background, I know too well that there can be a cost to the creative process through printing. The fact is that it’s often so much easier to have a hard copy of your work to go over before submitting it for coursework assignments, publishers or even competitions. We wanted to run a competition to offer a writer the chance to win a £1,000 cash prize and also let people know that printing doesn’t have to be expensive. Using Cartridge People Own Brand cartridges, identifying the right mono printer for documents and using printer settings to switch to draft modes are just some of the ways to cut those costs down.”
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is being run as a short story creative writing contest. No purchase is necessary and no entry fee is required.
2. The winner will receive a £1000 cash prize. There is only one £1,000 winning prize available for this competition.
3. There will be five runners-up prizes which will consist of an Epson WorkForce WF-2810DWF A4 Colour Multifunction Inkjet Printer, Cartridge People Own Brand printer cartridges and additional stationery.
4. The runners-up prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. Cartridge People Limited reserves the right to substitute the prize, for any reason, with one of comparable or greater value.
5. To enter the competition, you must submit a short story with a minimum of 1,000 words and no more than 1,500 words (title not included). Entries must be the writer’s own work. Entries must also be made in English.
6. Entries must be submitted in the author’s own name. This should be included when submitting the short story via the competition page, along with an email address so you can be contacted if you’re the winner or runner-up.
7. Entries must not have been published, self-published, published on any website, blog or online forum, broadcast, have won or been placed (2nd, 3rd, runner up etc) in any other competition.
|SEE ALSO: Kemper Human Rights Education Essay Contests|
8. Any entry subsequently published in another UK, magazine, anthology, audiobook or part of a podcast (unless scheduled for such publication prior to Entry) between the opening of the competition and the announcement of the winner will not be eligible for a prize.
9. Entries can be submitted via the entry form on our competition page or sent to FAO Marketing Manager, Cartridge People, Unit, 13, Orion Park, Crewe, CW1 6NG. Please note that no postal entries can be returned. Cartridge People Ltd will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries.
10. The short story must be your original creative work, and you hereby warrant and represent that you are the sole and exclusive owner.
11. By entering this competition, authors acknowledge and agree that the winner shall be cleared and can be used for publicity purposes to generate coverage for the competition and Cartridge People Ltd across media outlets, in a format, manner and for such time as may be determined by Cartridge People Ltd.
12. By entering this competition, authors acknowledge and agree that the winner and runners-up will have their names published on the Cartridge People website and through their social media channels.
13. By entering this competition, authors acknowledge and agree that the winner will have their short story published on the Cartridge People website.
15. There is only one short story entry per person permissible.
16. By entering your email address as part of this competition, you agree to receive occasional marketing emails from Cartridge People Ltd. Your email address will not be shared with any third parties.
17. The winner of the competition will be picked from all the eligible qualifying entrants by a judging panel selected by Cartridge People Ltd. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out in accordance with these terms within 10 working days of email notification. In the event that the prize isn’t claimed after 7 working days, Cartridge People Ltd reserves the right to award the prize to another of the eligible entries.
18. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with any individual who seeks to challenge the decision made.
19. The winner will be notified via email and will be asked to provide details so they can receive the £1,000 prize. Likewise, the runners-up will also be notified via email and asked for details so the runner-up prizes can be delivered.
20. This competition is not open to employees of Cartridge People Ltd or its suppliers and affiliates.
21. This offer is being run by The Cartridge People Ltd, Unit 13, Orion Park, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6NG.
22. Cartridge People Ltd reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
23. The competition will run from 13/09/2021 to 01/11/2021 inclusive. All entries must be received by midnight on the closing date in order to qualify.
24. Cartridge People Ltd reserves the right to amend the promotion end date at any time without prior notification.
25. Cartridge People Ltd shall not be responsible for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any individual taking part or not being able to take part in the competition.
26. In all matters, the Directors of Cartridge People Ltd decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. This competition is open to UK & Channel Island residents only.
28. Entrants must be aged 18 or over to enter.
29. Competition results will be posted publicly on the respective contest website page. Names of the winner and runners-up will also be made public and permanently posted to the Cartridge People website.
30. By entering, all eligible entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by each and all of these terms and conditions.
How To Apply
Enter our competition by completing the form in the link below:
|⭐ Apply Next: No upcoming opportunity in this category ( See all opportunities )|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.