|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Africans, Graduates, Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: May 13, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
We are delighted to announce a unique opportunity to undertake PhD research, supported by an international network of experts, developing digital diagnostics as transformative technologies for African Healthcare systems. We have 10 fully funded PhD fellowships starting in 2022, with projects spanning a range of disciplines including molecular diagnostic test development, clinical evaluation, health systems research, design engineering, and data modelling. Successful applicants will be based at African institutions and will be part of a close-knit cohort, receiving bespoke training in diagnostic development and professional skills which will equip them to be future leaders in this field.
- Applicants must be nationals of an African country and be suitably qualified to enter a PhD program at the host University.
- We expect that successful applicants will have a track-record of academic excellence, with a first class or upper second class (or equivalent) undergraduate degree and a relevant Masters degree (or clinical qualification).
- Applicants who do not have these qualifications but believe that they have equivalent relevant research or industrial experience should explain this clearly in their letter of motivation. For some projects additional eligibility criteria apply
|SEE ALSO: Chatham House 2022 Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship|
- Shortlisting. We will use the Curriculum Vitae and Letters of Motivation to shortlist applicants who can demonstrate that they have outstanding academic potential, and are scientifically curious, highlymotivated, hard-working, professional, and excellent team players, with a strong interest in thepotential of digital diagnostics technologies. We expect PhD fellows to demonstrate that they haveknowledge, skills and some experience relevant to the project(s) they wish to undertake, or that theycould easily gain relevant knowledge and skills.
- Interviews. Interviews will be conducted on-line. We will send further details to the candidates
shortlisted for interview. We will require proof of identity, proof of qualifications, and any other
relevant documentation to be presented at the interview. Interviews will be conducted by a diverse
and gender balanced panel from within the network, including representatives from host institutions.
We will try to offer flexibility in interview dates and times, but due to the number of applications and
posts we may not be able to accommodate some requests.
- Although eligibility varies by project, our selection panel will aim to ensure our cohort of fellows is
diverse, and we will strive to ensure gender balance and representation of students from countries
with fewer opportunities for PhD funding, whilst also ensuring all fellows meet our rigorous selection
- After interview. Successful applicants will receive provisional confirmation of our intention to award
them PhD Fellowship funding. This does not mean that they have been accepted onto the PhD
programme at the relevant University. Applicants must also apply and be accepted to study at the
University where the Fellowship will be held (see Table 1) before funding can commence.
|SEE ALSO: Overseas Development Institute Fellowship Scheme 2022/23|
Documents Required for Application
- Completed application form
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Letter of Motivation (maximum 1 page)
- Scholarship is fully funded
How to Apply
Download Application Form (.docx format)
Applicants must submit all three of the following documents by email to the Digital Diagnostics for Africa Network Project Manager, Ms. Francesca Piffer, email@example.com
|⭐ Apply Next: Al Jazeera Fellowship Program for Journalists & Scholars 2023(Fully-funded)|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.