|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Professional Programs for Post Graduates, Professionals (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 20, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The U.S.-Africa program brings together outstanding young scientists, engineers, and medical professionals from the United States and the member countries of the African Union for a series of symposia to discuss exciting advances and opportunities in their fields. The goal of these meetings is to enhance the scientific exchange and dialogue among young researchers in African countries and the United States, including the African science diaspora, and through this interaction, facilitate research collaboration within and beyond the region.
The first symposium will take place in partnership with the African Academy of Sciences in Nairobi, Kenya, on October 12 – 14, 2022.
|SEE ALSO: APNI 2022 Young African Phosphorus Fellowship Award Program for African Researchers|
- Be an emerging leader in science, engineering or medicine. Active researchers and professionals from industry, academia, public service, non-profit and other sectors with a terminal degree are eligible to apply (current students are not eligible);
- Have completed your highest degree less than 15 years ago. Selected members are typically within 10-12 years of their advanced degree at the experience level of assistant/associate professor or equivalent in a non-academic setting;
- Professional proficiency in English;
- Be employed in the U.S. or one of the African Union member countries, but citizenship of the country of residence is not required;
- Have demonstrated accomplishments in science, engineering, or medical research, or technical work with recognizable contributions to advancing their fields;
- Be interested in developments in other fields (and in engaging with people working on them) and be able to consider how advances, techniques, and approaches in those areas relate to the nominee’s own field; and
- Conduct research with a strong potential for developmental impact in the US and/or Africa (participation in scientific projects,/scientific meetings/contribution to the promotion of S&T within society).
Fields are Eligible: Attendees discuss advances across a broad range of multi-diciplinary topics through five plenary sessions, including:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Materials Science
- Climate Change and Food Security
- Infectious Diseases
|SEE ALSO: ILRI 2022 PhD Graduate Fellowship for African Students|
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should go to National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine on www.grantinterface.com to apply
Applications for participation are currently being accepted via the online application system.
|⭐ Apply Next: Obama Foundation 2023 Leaders USA Program for Emerging Leaders|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.