|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Job Vacancies for Post Graduates, Researchers (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: May 31, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Ghent University through faculty of Law and Criminology is welcoming applications from suitably qualified candidates for a PhD Research Position. The PhD student will be investigating the rights of the individuals in the context of secondary uses of health data for research purposes in the view of the applicable regulatory frameworks.
The PhD researcher will be based at the Faculty of Law and Criminology at Ghent University, and will be also part of the interfaculty Metamedica Platform. For more information about the Metamedica platform see: https://www.metamedica.ugent.be.
|SEE ALSO: Study in Germany: Johannes Gutenberg University Research Proposal Scholarship 2022/23|
The PhD student will be investigating the rights of the individuals in the context of secondary uses of health data for research purposes in the view of the applicable regulatory frameworks.
In particular, the PhD researcher should identify and assess the relevant provisions in applicable regulatory frameworks in the EU, including the GDPR, upcoming Data Governance Act and the European Health Data Space, which can strengthen the rights of the individuals when their data are being processed for research purposes.
This legal analysis should be based on the relevant theoretical framework on the principles of transparency, fairness and lawfulness in processing of health data.
To be eligible for Ghent University Faculty of Law and Criminology PhD research Job, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- You have a master degree in Law or a relevant discipline
- You have a passion for research and strong analytical skills.
- You are willing to familiarize yourself with interdisciplinary methodologies in health privacy research and follow literature in bioethics, health and data protection law, and health informatics.
- You have an impressive track record (study results, publications and/or awards)
- You are able to work independently and take initiative, yet you are also a team player.
- You have high organizational skills, and able to meet the deadlines.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Existing educational, research or professional background in EU data protection law and/or health law will be an asset for this position.
|SEE ALSO: 2023 MATSUMAE International Foundation Research Fellowship Program|
How to Apply
To apply for the Ghent University Faculty of Law and Criminology PhD research Job, applicants are required to Submit the following documents by email to Prof. Mahsa Shabani ( firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Motivation letter
- A writing sample (publication, research essay, master thesis, …)
- Copy of diploma’s
Important Note: All required documents should be merged in 1 single pdf-file.
|⭐ Apply Next: No upcoming opportunity in this category ( See all opportunities )|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.