|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Entrepreneurship Prizes for Africans, Entrepreneurs (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 19, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Youth-led African agrifood businesses are back in the spotlight as Generation Africa rolls out the 2023 edition of the Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition.
The competition will culminate in an exciting final pitch contest live on stage at the AGRF Summit to be held this year in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, in September. Two young African entrepreneurs, one man, and one woman, will be awarded a game changing cash prize each to accelerate their journey to scale.
Generation Africa is commemorating its fifth birthday and over the last half-decade, the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition has established itself as the biggest, annual agripreneurship competition in Africa. By identifying and supporting innovative, high-potential agribusinesses, Generation Africa aims to inspire millions of youths to pursue a career in the fast-evolving agrifood sector. The organization’s support efforts continue to grow and include a bespoke Generation Africa Fellowship Programme (GAFP), specially curated scholarship opportunities, and advocacy platforms game-changing more.
- Entrepreneur is aged 35 or below on the date of submission to the competition and is legally recognized as an adult in country of nationality.
- Entrepreneur holds nationality (with an official ID) from a country which is a member of the African Union.
- Entrepreneur is the founder/co-founder of the venture he/she represents in the competition and plays an active role in its operations and leadership.
- Entrepreneur has no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offense, and will provide a signed declaration to that effect, if requested.
|SEE ALSO: Accelerate Africa 2023 Program For African Entrepreneurs|
- Venture is already legally registered in a country which is a member of the African Union or will have commenced with the registration of such a legal entity prior to June 1, 2023.
- Venture is headquartered in a country which is a member of the African Union.
- Venture is designed to be financially sustainable, either as a for-profit business or a non-profit generating some revenue and aiming not to be dependent on donor funding.
- Venture plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement.
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research and development.
- Primary food production (farming).
- Crop nutrition.
- Mechanization, automation or robotics, including drones.
- Crop protection.
- Hydroponics or urban farming.
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics.
- Food processing.
- Packaging or marketing.
- Food retail or service.
- Waste management or recycling.
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector.
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector.
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector.
Benefits of GoGettaz GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition
- Two entrepreneurs, one woman, and one man, will each win $50,000 USD for the most innovative and scalable business ventures.
They want to hear from businesses that show:
- Innovation (20%)
- Market potential and traction (20%)
- Social and Environmental Impact (20%)
- Business model (20%)
- Founder and team (20%)
|SEE ALSO: Jack Ma’s Africa Business Heroes Competition 2023 for African Entrepreneurs|
How to Apply
Go to Generation Africa on vc4a.com to apply
The application includes questions such as:
- “Give an example of your entrepreneurial mindset.”
- “How does your venture make money?”
- “Who are your main customers?”
- “Who are your main competitors?”
- “What are your biggest business challenges so far and how have you
Applicants must fill out each section of the application to be considered. Be sure to allow enough time to complete all sections.
Applicants that make it through the initial round will be asked to submit a two-minute pitch video, where you can really impress the judges and show them why you deserve to go into the 2023 GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition finals. Your video pitch will be used to promote your company to the GoGettaz audience.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions
|⭐ Apply Next: GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition for African Entrepreneurs 2023 (up to $50,000)|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.