|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Essay Contests & Prizes for Children, Youths (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 15, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Goi Peace Foundation international essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
*This program is an activity within the framework of UNESCO’s Education for Sustainable Development: Towards achieving the SDGs (ESD for 2030).
Theme: “What is Life?”
What does life mean to you? Have you had an experience that made you think about the meaning of life? What kinds of things can you do to cherish and invigorate your own life and all life on earth?
|⭐ See Also: 2021 UNESCO Clubs Multimedia Competition For Youths Worldwide|
Organized by The Goi Peace Foundation Endorsed by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan Japanese National Commission for UNESCO, Japan Private High School Federation Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education, Japan Broadcasting Corporation, Nikkei Inc.
Supported by SEIKO HOLDINGS CORPORATION, PLUS CORPORATION
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2021) in one of the following age categories:
- Children (ages up to 14)
- Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English or French, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese.
- Essays must be typed, with your name and essay title included at the top of the first page. There are no particular rules regarding formatting (font style, size, line space, etc.). However, essays must be submitted in either MS Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF format.
- Your name and essay title are not included in the word count limit.
- Entries must be submitted online. To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page at www.goipeace.or.jp and follow the required steps. Entries submitted by postal mail or e-mail are not accepted. Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group by creating an ‘account for school/organization entrant’ on the online registration page.
- Only one entry per person is accepted.
- We are unable to confirm receipt of essays.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of March 2021) and gift ………… 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of March 2021) and gift …………. 3 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift ………. 5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift ………….. 25entrants
- 1st to 3rd prize winners will be invited to the Winners Gathering to be held online. * Additional awards (Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
- All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2021 on the Goi Peace Foundation website www.goipeace.or.jp. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2021.
We are unable to answer individual inquiries concerning contest results.
|⭐ See Also: Call for Proposals in Nigeria: Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund 2021|
How to Apply
Entries must be submitted online.
To send your essay online, you must go to the online registration page at www.goipeace.or.jp and follow the required steps. Entries submitted by postal mail or e-mail are not accepted.
Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group by creating an ‘account for school/organization entrant’ on the online registration page.
Only one entry per person is accepted. We are unable to confirm receipt of essays.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions.
|⭐ Apply Next: World Bank/Financial Times 2023 Youth Blog Competition|
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.