|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Graduates, Post Graduates, Undergraduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Apr 21, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Selected Student Fellows will work at one of the participating newsrooms for eight weeks during the summer of 2023. Depending on the particular matching criteria of each newsroom, Student Fellows will research and write stories, contribute to open source data projects, design new digital products, and/or contribute to one of the many other innovative projects newsrooms have ongoing.
The GNI Student Fellowship will be kicked off with an online bootcamp that will allow the Student Fellows to get to know one another, build a network, and receive career-enhancing workshops from experts in the work field. This year, the organisers are also doubling down on their efforts to increase Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the programme.
It is aimed at students and recent graduates who can apply to become Student Fellows at one of the participating newsrooms. Selected Student Fellows will work at one of the newsrooms for eight weeks during the summer of 2023 and will be compensated for their work. The programme has been developed to support the next generation of media professionals in Europe and to drive innovation across the news industry. This is a unique opportunity that can help you to kick-start a career in the news industry. They are offering 20 placements across 9 European countries: Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, France, United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy and Poland.
|SEE ALSO: Google Africa Fellowship Program 2023 for African Graduate Students ($30,000 Monetary Award)|
- You are 18 years or older.
- You are enrolled in or recently graduated (in 2020, 2021 or 2022) from an accredited education programme. This includes:
- Master, Ph.D. or bachelor students/graduates
- Students/graduates pursuing or in possession of a technical certificate.
- Students/graduates pursuing or in possession of a professional certificate.
- Students/graduates of another accredited form of education in a relevant field, such as an apprenticeship or vocational training.
- You are from the country where the newsroom is based OR you are living and/or studying in the country where the newsroom is based. Students enrolled in Austria, Germany or Switzerland can apply for any of the newsrooms based in these three countries.
- You are legally allowed to work full-time in the country where the newsroom is based.
- They accept both full-time and part-time students.
Benefits of Google GNI Student Fellowship
- By applying, you get the chance to become a Student Fellow in 2023! If you are selected, you will get the unique opportunity to learn what it is like to work for a European newsroom.
- Student Fellows are paid by their newsroom for eight weeks of full-time work. The minimum amount will be €2,500; the exact amount will be at the discretion of the newsroom.
- Student Fellows will attend useful workshops and enjoy network opportunities during the kick-off bootcamp. This bootcamp will prepare you to make the most out of your Fellowship.
- The European Journalism Centre will check in with all the Student Fellows during the Fellowship to provide them with guidance, training, and advice and touch base on progress and needs during the Fellowship.
|SEE ALSO: ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowships 2023|
Documents Required for Application
- Work samples
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions
|⭐ Apply Next: Legatum Center Foundry Fellowship Program for African Entrepreneurs 2023|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.