Google’s first-ever Image Equity Fellowship is a 6-month, application-based Fellowship awarded to 20 early-career image-based creators of color in the US. Selected Fellows will receive $20,000 in unrestricted funds to create an image-based project that explores and uplifts community(ies) of color with care and nuance. Fellows will receive support from Google and three industry-celebrated nonprofit partners—Aperture, For Freedoms & FREE THE WORK—in the form of dedicated mentorship, workshops, funding and publication of and press for their completed projects.
|SEE ALSO: Call for Applications: Lagos African Cluster Centre 2023 Visiting Research Fellowship Program
The Image Equity Fellowship will consider any person who meets the following qualifications:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- Fellow must self-identify as a person of color (e.g. Black, Middle Eastern, Indigenous, Asian, and/or Latinx)
- Fellow must be at least 18 years old (at the time of application submission)
- Fellow must have a valid United States address.
- Fellow must be able to submit a W9 form
- If selected, Fellows will need to provide a W9, a US address, and bank account information.
- In addition to the $20,000 unrestricted award, selected Fellows will receive direct support and curated guidance from industry-celebrated mentors and monthly workshop programming designed to empower these artists as creatives and business people.
|SEE ALSO: 2022 Legislative Mentorship Initiative (LMI) Fellowship Programme for Young Nigerians
How to Apply
Visit Google on app.picter.com to apply
Applicants can submit from one body of work/project or multiple bodies of work/projects. They are looking for work that speaks to the creator’s commitment to storytelling and expression through photography. However, this body of work does not need to be complete; images can be from an ongoing project.
Begin your Registration
Have you read the instructions above carefully? Great. Now, below is the registration button, and the official page link for more info. Good luck.
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.