|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Masters Programs for Post Graduates, Undergraduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Mar 22, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
At least 50 scholarships will be awarded in this year’s competition of the Government of Canada Scholarships for Study in Canada 2022-23, with the number expected to increase each year. Interested candidates are requested to apply now for a study place in Canadian post-secondary institutions of their choice, who will then apply for the scholarships on their behalf.
The Study in Canada Scholarships provide students from post-secondary institutions located in the new eligible countries/territories with short-term exchange opportunities for study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels.
Candidates must be:
- citizens of one of the following eligible countries/territories:
- Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan;
- Europe: Turkey, Ukraine;
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia;
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda; and
- enrolled as a full-time student at post-secondary institution in an eligible country/territory and paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange.
|SEE ALSO: Amazon Future Engineer 2022 Scholarship to Study in Canada|
The Canadian post-secondary institution must:
- be a Designated Learning Institution (DLI);
- have a valid student exchange agreement with the candidate’s home institution that waives tuition fees for scholarship recipients. For college and undergraduate research applications with no agreement, a letter issued by the Canadian institution’s international office or equivalent will be accepted; and
- inform both the candidate and their home institution of any mandatory fees that, in exceptional cases, cannot be waived, prior to applying for a scholarship on the candidate’s behalf.
Scholarship Value and Benefits
The scholarship is valued at CAD 10,200 or CAD 12,700 depending on study duration and the funds should be used towards:
- visa or study/work permit fees;
- airfare for the scholarship recipient only via the most direct and economical route;
- health insurance;
- living expenses, such as accommodation, utilities and food;
- ground transportation, including a public transportation pass; and
- books and supplies required for the recipient’s study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
How to Apply
- submit applications on behalf of eligible candidates;
- promote this scholarship opportunity to their faculty and staff members, as well as to partner institutions from the eligible countries/territories;
- rank applications based on the institution’s strategic priorities;
- identify a single person responsible for the submission of applications;
- sign a Contribution Agreement with DFATD and disburse scholarship funds to successful candidates; and
- submit qualitative and quantitative reports during the scholarship period.
|SEE ALSO: University of Waterloo Perimeter Scholars International Award in Canada 2022|
Candidates interested in this scholarship program should:
- make their interest known to their home institution;
- find out if there is an existing institutional collaboration or exchange agreement between their home institution and a Canadian institution;
- request information from their home institution about the application process and selection criteria specific to the Canadian partner institution; and
- ensure they meet the eligibility requirements.
Post-secondary institutions from eligible countries/territories should:
- communicate with partner institutions in Canada to confirm or explore institutional collaborations and student exchange agreements;
- promote this scholarship opportunity through their international offices;
- identify candidates who meet the eligibility and admission requirements for the Canadian partner institution;
- provide supporting documents for their candidates to the Canadian partner institution, which is responsible for submitting the scholarship applications; and
- advise selected candidates to gain additional linguistic training and intercultural skills before their departure.
|⭐ Apply Next: Government of Ireland 2023 Masters & PhD Scholarships for International Students|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.