|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Graduates, Journalists (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jan 20, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The IIASA science communication fellowship is a highly competitive programme that immerses early-career science communicators in the dynamic work of the IIASA communications team.
The science communication fellow will gain experience in communicating complex systems science for a general audience through a variety of platforms including blogs, website content, social media, video, and articles for IIASA magazine, Options. The successful candidate will work in the IIASA Communications and External Relations (CER) department, assisting with a variety of tasks including web publishing, media relations, event coverage, multimedia, social media, and other communication activities. The fellow will also work closely with participants in the IIASA Young Scientists Summer Programme (YSSP) and IIASA scientists, producing several pieces of work covering their research.
The 2023 Science Communication Fellowship runs from May 22 to September 1, 2023, and the selected candidates will be expected to be at the IIASA premises in Laxenburg, Austria for the full period.
|SEE ALSO: Al Jazeera Fellowship Program for Journalists & Scholars 2023(Fully-funded)|
- Applicant should have a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in science or journalism, and/or current student or graduate of a science journalism programme.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, but IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of countries in which IIASA has a Member Organization. They encourage applications from developing countries.
- First experience in writing about science for the general public via blogs, newspapers, university web sites, or other outlets.
- Written and oral fluency in English and proven ability to understand complex scientific research.
- Experience with or interest in social media, video, photography, or other multimedia.
Benefits of IIASA Science Communication Fellowship
A monthly salary based on an annual gross salary of EUR 18,800.00, which is exempt from income tax in Austria.
The advertised salary is:
- Subject to deductions for health insurance and/or social security.
|SEE ALSO: Stanford University 2023 JSK Journalism Fellowships for International Journalists|
Documents Required for Application
Provide the following documents in English:
- Cover Letter outlining your motivation for applying
- One writing sample of no more than 800 words about a scientific topic and aimed at a general audience (e.g., article for a newspaper or magazine, blog post, or op-ed)
- A letter of recommendation.
|⭐ Apply Next: Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship for Young Nigerians 2023 (Fully-funded)|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.