|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Post-Graduate Programs for Post Graduates, Undergraduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Dec 31, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 Notice: We are moving to Latestopportunities.com|
The Imperial College London President’s PhD Scholarships is now open for the 2022-23 academic year; Students worldwide are invited to apply. The President’s PhD Scholarships provides up to 50 research students the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
If you are a high performing undergraduate or Master’s student and have a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at a world-class research institution, you could be selected to receive full tuition fees and a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London
|SEE ALSO: Study in UK: 2022 Transform Together Scholarships For International Students|
The following accounts for the eligibility conditions for getting the Imperial College London President’s PhD Scholarships 2021-2022
- Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their PhD study.
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
- Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project.
- Current registered Imperial PhD students are not eligible to be considered for a President’s PhD Scholarship.
Candidates are assessed by the Faculties and College Selection Panel against the following criteria:
- Academic excellence – as demonstrated by past academic results and by transcripts, awards and distinctions. Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent. Candidates with Master’s qualifications should have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to be achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They should also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent. Previous successful recipients of the scholarship have often achieved grades of 85% or higher in their degree(s).
- Research Potential – as demonstrated by the candidate’s research experience to date, his/her interest in discovery, the research plan and its potential contribution as described in their personal statement and in the departmental justification.
- Suitability of candidate – as demonstrated by the strength of references, support from the proposed supervisor, and performance at interview.
|SEE ALSO: NITDA Masters and Doctoral Scholarship 2021/2022 for Nigerians|
Scholarship Value and Benefits
Successful candidates for the Imperial College London President’s PhD Scholarship will receive the following financial support for up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of £21,800 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
- A programme of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School
How to Apply
You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
- When prompted for a personal statement you must ensure that it consists of approx. 1000 words (maximum 2 pages) and outlines your academic and research achievements to date, explaining in brief your planned research project.
- To be considered for the President’s PhD Scholarship scheme, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the additional questions tab within the online application form.
- You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
|⭐ Apply Next: International Academic Excellence Scholarship at Griffith University 2022|
NOTICE: Get a copy of the Complete Nigerian Army Past Question and Answers now. (Complete answers and guide)
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.