|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In for (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Aug 31, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Abel Visiting Scholar Program is intended for mathematicians professionally based in developing countries to visit an international research collaborator for a period of one month.
For visits that are longer than one month, applicants must provide evidence of financial support from the host institution to cover the living expenses beyond the first month. The program is designed for post doctoral mathematicians in the early stages of their professional careers. It is designed to offer the opportunity for a ‘research sabbatical,’ a necessary complement to teaching and other academic duties for mathematicians desiring to also sustain a viable research program.
|SEE ALSO: NAI African Scholar Program for African Researchers 2023|
- hold at the time of application a PhD in Mathematics;
- be based in a developing country at the time of application (As defined by IMU);
- hold a position in a university/ research institution;
- be in the early stages of their professional careers, more precisely: the applicants should
- not yet be of full professorial rank but have a working contract in a university/ college
- be under 35 years of age at the day of the application deadline.
The grant can cover for one month and only for the applicant up to 4,400 EUR ($5,000 Dollars). It covers:
- Travel costs
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance charges
- Basic living cost for the first month (daily allowance based on living cost of the visiting country/city. This amount includes the cost for public transport and all other living costs).
- Accommodation cost in the host country (hotel is allowed if the host provides a statement that no guesthouse or rented flat is available and max. 4 weeks.)
- The selection criteria is based on the quality of the project and the benefit/added value for the home institution/country.
|SEE ALSO: Chevening UK Government 2023/2024 Scholarships Program for Study in the United Kingdom|
Documents Required for Application
Each completed application submitted via the Online Application Form must include:
- CV of applicant and host, including a list of recent publications (max. 3 pages each)
- Research statement for the visit – Research statements should explain the research project and list the mathematicians with whom the applicant will collaborate. The applicant must already have initiated research contact with the proposed international research partner(s). Evidence of prior collaboration will be considered a plus. The collaboration should take place at the international partner’s home institution.
- An official invitation from the institution of the international research partner
- Letter of recommendation – If the letter of recommendation is not written by the international research partner (the host), the application should include a statement from the host approving the research plan.
- A copy of the PhD certificate
- A statement about the current employment status/position in the home institution signed and stamped by employer. The statement should include the duration of employment. Use the template attached.
- A budget estimation. Use the Tentative Budget Form. (for more information see ‘Financial Support’)
- A photograph of the applicant for the IMU website
- In case of a research visit longer than a month, applicants must attached proof of matching funds from the host institution to cover living expenses
Merge all required documents into one (1) PDF file to be uploaded onto the Online
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions.
|⭐ Apply Next: AfOx 2023 Visiting Fellowship Programme for African Students|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.