|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Grants & Fundings for Post Graduates, Researchers (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: May 31, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Internet Society Foundation’s Research Program supports global research collaborations that advance understanding of the Internet and its value for all.
Statements of interest and subsequent proposals should address topics related to one of the following thematic areas:
- Greening the Internet
- The Internet Economy
- A Trustworthy Internet
- Decolonizing the Internet
- Promote novel methodologies that generate solutions to Internet-related challenges
- Identify and support a diverse and collaborative group of researchers and research institutions
- Facilitate access to intersectional research that can be applied to decision-making in government and industry
|SEE ALSO: AREF 2023 Women in Research Essential Grant Writing Skills Programme|
This program is intended for research that is applied and open, meaning the research seeks to answer a real-world question and should be openly published and made available to the scientific community at no cost. The Foundation supports research involving human or animal subjects when the project has been certified by a responsible body to be ethical and in compliance with local law. It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator of the project to obtain these certifications.
- Independent researchers should have a postgraduate research degree (PhD, Masters) and peer reviewed publications, patents, academic or independently published work in the relevant area.
- Public research institutions should be 501c3 or equivalent and should have a mission that is aligned to that of the Foundation. (Private institutions are not eligible entities to receive funding).
Additional eligibility requirements for all Foundation grants are outlined here. All applicants must ensure that they meet these basic requirements. Underrepresented groups in the research world are highly encouraged to apply.
JOIN US FOR MORE ON: |
Benefits of Internet Society Foundation Research Grant Program
The program provides for two levels of funding:
- Independent researchers may apply for funding up to US$200,000. Grants will be awarded directly to individuals who are identified as the principal investigator on the project and he/she will be responsible for grant management including all reporting requirements during the life of the grant.
- Organizations and institutions may apply for funding up to US$500,000. One or more awards in each of the thematic areas are anticipated subject to fiscal year funding.
You can learn more about current and past Research grants on Our Projects page.
Researchers are encouraged to submit a full application to be reviewed by the Independent Program Review Committee. Final submissions will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Is the research in line with one of the Foundation’s thematic areas?
- Is the research novel?
- Is the research applied?
- Is the research collaborative?
The IPRC meets twice a year to review proposals. The next Research cycle will open in April 2023.
See more information on the IPRC.
In 2023, the application process was updated to include two application cycles: April and September. For the April cycle, applications will be accepted between April 12 and May 31, 21:00 UTC.
|SEE ALSO: PAGES 2023 Inter-Africa Mobility Research Fellowship Program for African Early-Career Scientists|
Additionally, the statement of interest was removed from the process. Applicants are now required to submit a single application through Fluxx.
Applications are reviewed by staff to ensure proposals are aligned with thematic areas and eligibility requirements. If there are any questions staff will reach out to applicants through the provided contact information.
Those that are in alignment will move forward to a second stage where proposals are reviewed by the Independent Program Review Committee (IPRC). The IPRC recommends which proposals should be considered for funding to the Program Officer. The Program Officer engages in the final review, negotiation, and determination of grant awards with successful partners. The whole process will take about two months.
How to Apply
Go to Internet Society Foundation on isocfoundation.fluxx.io to apply
Only applications submitted in the Foundation’s grants management system will be considered. Incomplete submissions that do not meet eligibility requirements will not be considered (see Eligibility Requirements).
If you have questions about this program or the application process, please email email@example.com.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions
|⭐ Apply Next: NASME Youth Empowerment Business Scheme Competition and Grant 2023|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.