|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Trainings and Workshops for Journalists (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: May 19, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Jamlab Accelerator Programme (JAP) in sub-Saharan Africa is a six-month hothouse for journalism and media innovators. The programme offers a unique opportunity to fast-track your initiative, providing you with the tools, facilities, contacts, and support necessary to convert your ideas and ambitions into a commercially viable venture or product.
Twenty-nine (29) teams have taken part in six iterations of the programme, with six of them succeeding in securing additional investment immediately after the programme. The programme will run from June to November 2023.
- They are looking for committed and creative journalists and media makers who are passionate about fixing what isn’t working in sub-Saharan African media.
- They are looking for startups that want to create innovative products or services to serve new audiences or bring new conversations or ideas to the public.
- Applications are welcome from ALL countries across Africa.
|SEE ALSO: European Commission 2023 Lorenzo Natali Media Prize for Journalists|
Benefits of Jamlab Accelerator Programme
The six teams selected will receive the following:
- Virtual mentorship and coaching from experienced media, startup and tech experts and entrepreneurs.
- Free places on a three-month Media Entrepreneurship course offered by Wits Centre for Journalism.
- Access to a technical support development team.
- Opportunities to pitch to potential investors, funders, and various stakeholders with an MVP (minimum viable product).
- Access to a network which includes, but is not limited to, Programme Alumni.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Jamlab on to apply
- Do a thorough read of all the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Take a look at previous startups on the accelerator programme.
- Have a look at what their alumni say about the programme.
- Complete this short application form to capture your details and confirm your eligibility and ability to participate.
|SEE ALSO: RNTC Media & Journalism Scholarships 2023|
You will be asked to write a short pitch setting out your idea for a new journalism start-up or describing your existing venture, and your ideas for growing and developing it further. Include in this pitch why and how your venture is innovating in the space. You will also be asked to provide short resumes of your key team, including a line on each person’s role in the venture.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions.
|⭐ Apply Next: Global Changemakers-ATKV African Youth Summit 2023 (Fully-funded)|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.