|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Youths (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Mar 31, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Launched by the Kofi Annan Foundation (KAF) and the Democracy and Culture Foundation (DCF), the Kofi Annan NextGen Democracy Prize is awarded to a young leader aged between 18 and 30 and presented each year at the Athens Democracy Forum. The aim is to recognise exceptional leadership and inspire more young people to commit to the advancement of democracy. An independent judging panel reviews the applications and selects the award recipient.
|SEE ALSO: JIRCAS 2023 Japan International Award for Developing Countries|
Nominees must be aged between 18 and 30 at the time of nomination. There are no restrictions in terms of nationality, gender, or occupation. The Selection Committee will consider the following when deciding the winner:
- Impact: The nominee’s actions had a demonstrated outcome, for instance, a change in policy in a given country, the rate of participation in elections, the number of people reached through a specific campaign, the number of users of a specific application, the number of students gaining a wider understanding of the importance of the democratic process, the number of community associations engaged in an educational campaign etc.
- Innovation: The innovative character of these actions.
- Sustainability: Whether the nominee has advanced the cause of democracy and human rights for a sustained period of one-year minimum, and whether her/his actions are sustainable over time and replicable in other contexts;
- Values: The values displayed by the Nominee through her/his actions.
- Benefit: The added value the Award could bring to the nominee in terms of international notoriety and support.
Benefits of Kofi Annan NextGen Democracy Prize
The Kofi Annan NextGen Democracy Prize aims to:
- Recognise exceptional intellectual and/or “in action” leadership shown by a young activist in defending, promoting or renewing democracy;
- Provide the recipient of the prize with support, including through a one-year mentorship with a
recognised democracy expert or senior leader;
- Inspire young people to commit to the advancement of democracy.
The Prize includes a monetary prize of USD 10,000. The award will be presented at the Athens Democracy Forum, and all travel and accommodation expenses linked to the Awardee’s participation in the Forum will be covered by the organizers. Awardees will be invited to take a leading role in organising a panel session on youth and democracy at the following year’s Forum.
|SEE ALSO: NIgeria LNG (NLNG) 2023 Prize for Literature Criticism (Up to $100,000)|
How to Apply
Please send your completed nomination to: email@example.com by midnight CET, 31 March 2023
Nominations must include all of the following:
- Completed Submission Form
- A Cover Letter of support (max 500 words)
- Short video testimony from the nominee (2 minutes max, can be shot on a smartphone)
Please note: Nominations must come from an organisation. Nominees must be aged between 18 and 30 at the time of nomination. There are no restrictions in terms of nationality, gender, or occupation.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions.
|⭐ Apply Next: Kofi Annan NextGen Democracy Prize 2023|
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.