|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Literary/Art Contests for Writers & Poets (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: May 23, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
Established in 2020, Lion and Lilac (an imprint of Lion and Lilac Arts) is an online magazine that seeks to promote and publish art in all forms.
Lion and Lilac Arts seeks to give a safe space to creatives to express their views on wide-ranging issues that affect us all. As an Arts Organisation, Lion and Lilac Arts is a home for all genre of writings and seeks to find the ‘exceptional’ amongst the most under-represented in our society.
What Do We Want?
Often, we rarely know what we need until it finds us. It’s the same with art. All we can say is we are eager to read your work so send it our way.
|SEE ALSO: The African Writers Awards 2021| $100 Cash Prize, Certificate|
Before submitting, however, here are a few things you should know:
- We are open to submissions all year long and publish new issues in February, May, August, and November.
- For poetry, please send no more than four poems or ten pages. Fiction and Essays should be no more than 4000 words. One Act Plays should be maximum of one scene, and five characters.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted. Where your submission falls between these two laps, please do mention so in your cover letter.
- We do not accept previously published works.
- Submissions should be accompanied with a cover letter and brief publication history. Know that your lack of a publication history will not influence us in the negative. It is the art we want.
- We respond to all submissions in no more than six weeks.
- Sadly as a new journal, we cannot afford to offer payments to our contributors currently. However, we do hope to do so in the near future and we shall do our best to promote authors to the best of our means.
|⭐ Apply Next: Kemper Human Rights Education Essay Contests|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.